Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need macro to repsond to "All lights on" ?!?  (Read 5687 times)

philbailey

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need macro to repsond to "All lights on" ?!?
« on: August 30, 2009, 01:36:01 PM »

I need a macro to repond to the "A All Lights On" command. The problem as I see is getting the macro trigger to fire (at this time it is A8). In the activity monitor I can see the "A All Lights On" code but the macro never runs. Any help would be appreciated. B:( :'(

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Need macro to repsond to "All lights on" ?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 05:30:47 PM »

I need a macro to repond to the "A All Lights On" command. The problem as I see is getting the macro trigger to fire (at this time it is A8). In the activity monitor I can see the "A All Lights On" code but the macro never runs. Any help would be appreciated.

An "all lights ON" is sent as a different code than an "A8 ON"... and it won't work as an AHP trigger. Ether you have to switch to SENDING an "A8 ON" and then: add an "all lights ON" to the macro... or use a work around.

I run BVC (Bills Voice Commander) which has a "listener" that can hear/recognize the All lights On/Off commands. I user that ability to make my Kate [16 bit] yell when the BVC software hears my DS7000 (X10) alarm sound. BVC would also be able to send the A8 ON you need sent when the All ON is sent.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

philbailey

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 10:40:29 PM »

Yep, that confirmed what I thought through my readings. However, my readings did not come up with a workaround. Thanks for the tip abouot BVC. Anyone have a suggestion for another workaround. I am locked in to the "A All Lights On" as the starting command. Thanks! :-[

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »

... Anyone have a suggestion for another workaround.

A little more about exactly what your trying to do... may help. An all lights On command... is only the function of the alarm.. [and some remotes] I think. My yelling BVC worked well for me.. for my alarm. However... if your using a DS7000 alarm with AHP... there could be other resolutions. As well if the ultimate goal would be to control another device... there could be other solutions.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »

To confirm. Yes some remotes and table top controllers. Do have both an "All Lights On" and a "All Units Off" button.
There is no module address like a B1 BOn sequence used to turn on B1 modules. Only a single command with no address is sent. Like B All Lights On.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.