Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Garage door macro utilizing a DS10A and CM15a  (Read 11593 times)

bdw72

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Garage door macro utilizing a DS10A and CM15a
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:26:50 AM »

I am new to writing macros and I have tried to get this thing to work for a couple of weeks.  I am trying to get my garage door to close if the DS10A is triggered and the time is between Dusk and Dawn. I have a universal module hooked up to my garage door, so I send an "ON" signal to it and the door shuts, but the time part does not work and once the macros is running it just keeps opening the door and closing it with the 5 minute delay i put in the macro.  I have On-alert as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Garage door macro utilizing a DS10A and CM15a
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 01:36:38 PM »

Kinda hard to just... guess at your macro problem. Without a bit of a description of it. But what the heck... here's my guess.

You need to add a macro so as the DS10A triggers a monitored (fake or dummy) module. By using a monitored module (even a pretend one) the CM15A will remember it's status.

Your welcome to look at my garage door reminder macro.... although I just use a voice announcement reminder.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:39:38 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bdw72

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 03:57:52 PM »

I am stuck, here is my macros now
If Ds10a is triggered
Set G2 on
Else
If G2 On and time is between Dusk to Dawn
Turn B2 on (universal mod to open garage door)
wait 15 seconds
Turn B2 off
Turn G2 off

Everytime I open the door the macro runs, it's like it does check the time

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »

I am stuck, here is my macros now
Macro one
If Ds10a is triggered
Set G2 on condition
If G2 On and CONDITION  G3 is On
Turn B2 on (universal mod to open garage door)
wait 15 seconds
Turn B2 off
Turn G2 off

Macro 2 (timer)
XX PM turn On G3
XX AM turn Off G3

G is the monitored House code

Something like that might help. I have never been really successful in getting any single macro to work. I've always had better luck breaking up the workload to two or three macros. In the sample I modified... G is your monitored house code. However G3 can be a fake or dummy module... but it must be (I believe) a monitored code.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:05:28 PM by Dave_x10_L »

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 10:05:36 PM »

A quick security thought.

If X10 is opening and closing your garage door then it's also possible for anyone with an X10 remote to open your garage door. You might want to consider putting magnetic contact into the loop so that X10 only closes your garage door.

I'm sure one of the Daves will expand on this for you as I'm way too tired to think in a straight line right now.

Use the standard rolling code remote to open your door and X10 to close it only.
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 10:12:56 PM »

A quick security thought........ Use the standard rolling code remote to open your door and X10 to close it only.

beelocks is correct. The normal garage door openers are much more secure. But the X10 auto closure is a great idea. Although I don't do the auto-close (I use a voice announcement reminder) you merely add another magnetic reed switch in the mix... with the Universal Module wired through it... so the door MUST be open for the Universal Module to effect the door mechanism.

In short... the macro will only be able to close the door... never open it. Here's a thread with more info:  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=17621.msg97595#msg97595
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:19:31 PM by Dave_x10_L »

bdw72

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 02:53:59 PM »

I got my macros working, thanks for the help.  I am going to get the magnet, I can see the issues that the DS10A has and a magnet (closed circuit) is much more reliable.  Again thank you very much, you guys are great!!!

>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.