Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VK82A video issues  (Read 14119 times)

mmarcoux66

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VK82A video issues
« on: September 09, 2009, 09:03:30 AM »

I was able to hook these up and getting mixed results.  I have the sender hooked to a DirecTV receiver which is in a room directly above my reciever location.  I finally got the sound from popping, but the video is washed out on the top of the screen and some at the bottom.  Looks almost faded.  Is is not the TV as I used 2 different ones with the same results.  Sound is good and remote works well.

I experimented with different settings of my G router just to make sure it wasn't interfering, but it is not the case.

I am thinking about returning the unit so wanted to see if others were having the same issue. Is this normal to have some of the picture washed out or is there other things I can try?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: VK82A video issues
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:46:59 AM »

..... wanted to see if others were having the same issue. Is this normal to have some of the picture washed out or is there other things I can try?

Here is a YouTube Video I posted to show what a DVD (broadcast from my basement Home Theater) to my upstairs TV looks like.

No sound or video issues with my setup. You might want to try adjusting the antenna positions. With mine... I point both the sending and receiving units antennas towards a corner (behind the TV). It will also work well with the receiving unit sitting [upsidedown] on its top (with the patch antenna closed).

Are you using the antenna connection... or the RCA connection?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

mmarcoux66

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 01:15:24 PM »

Hi and thanks for the advice.  I am using the RCA connections on both devices.  I have played with the antennas a whole lot...  lol.  All kinds of different  pointing locations with no luck on the top washout.  I have not tried the receiver upside down.

Your video has much better quality than what I am seeing.  I am going to try the upside down thing as I have not tried that...  also want to try another source just to verify that the source is not the issue.  I am wondering if I just got a defective unit.  I could live with what you are seeing.

..... wanted to see if others were having the same issue. Is this normal to have some of the picture washed out or is there other things I can try?

Here is a YouTube Video I posted to show what a DVD (broadcast from my basement Home Theater) to my upstairs TV looks like.

No sound or video issues with my setup. You might want to try adjusting the antenna positions. With mine... I point both the sending and receiving units antennas towards a corner (behind the TV). It will also work well with the receiving unit sitting [upsidedown] on its top (with the patch antenna closed).

Are you using the antenna connection... or the RCA connection?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:18:05 PM by mmarcoux66 »

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 03:40:11 PM »

......  I could live with what you are seeing.

Don't forget.... my YouTube post is a video of the TV picture... which is compressed to uploaded to YouTube (it looks better in real-life). You could also have a bad Video cable.

mmarcoux66

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 06:00:49 PM »

Yeah, I was very impressed with it keeping the compression in mind.

Okay, no luck from another DirecTV receiver and getting rid of the washout on the top and bottom.  I did try a different set of AV cables today as well.  Again, wondering if the unit is just defective.

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 06:18:56 PM »

........ wondering if the unit is just defective.

It could well be. I am sure X10 will replace it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.