Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rhetorical Post  (Read 2259 times)

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Rhetorical Post
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:47:44 PM »

Wow.

My wife and I were sitting here after dark both on our laptops with a baseball game on when Wooooom, Down goes all the x10 in the house for no apparent reason. All the AC is up but no controllers wired or wireless would control any of the two house codes. The studio is dead too but the ac is up.

She says "Maybe someone is breaking in" Which raised the hair on my neck but after checking the premises I still didn't know what it was but a burglar no.

Then "Thump" went the studio tracking speakers and I ran downstairs to see they were on. That command was qued up for at least 5 minutes but I was able to turn them off and turn on anything in the studio I went upstairs and now everything else is working for no apparent reason.

Aliens?

Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Rhetorical Post
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 01:09:38 PM »

Wow.

Aliens?

Perhaps.

You might try looking for a dismembered cow in that forest behind your house. It is a known fact that some of the smaller craft use a grid leak bias device that radiates a powerful signal in the 120KHz region, easily picked up by your homes wiring when the craft is overhead. It is actually this energy that raises the hair on the back of your neck.

OK back to reality. Do you use AHP, or are you one of the Homeseer users? My Homeseer has on rare occasions suddenly went nuts and locks up for a couple of minutes.

Did you see anything in the activity monitor?

« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 04:47:48 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 01:20:57 PM »

AHP Here.

Everything is back to "Normal" around here.
I have not looked at the logs.

It did dawn on me this morning that yesterday afternoon I was trying to get an old silver x10 universal tv remote to work with a guest bedroom tv it hadn't before. In the process, I accidentally issued an all lights on at least once with it.

I finally got the remote to work with the tv and set the remote down to go on with my life. It is almost like a bunch of commands including an ALL OFF we experienced were backed up somewhere and let loose around 9:00pm. Why I could not control any device is beyond me.

Now that everything is back to normal I don't really care anymore but it was a few anxious moments for a while.

Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

MANOWAR©

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Your new messiah's me.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 03:16:32 PM »

I had something similar happen. I have my Harmony remote set up to control my X10. I went to bed and about 3 hours later all my lights came on, home theater started up playing a DVD. It ended up the cat layed down on the remote and hit a bunch of buttons. Well a couple of good boots took that out of him. He knows better now.  rofl
Lesbians killed the mullet for everyone.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.