Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XPDF module  (Read 4311 times)

Msradell

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
XPDF module
« on: September 26, 2009, 10:51:53 PM »

I'm planning on installing an XPDF inline module in the base of the light fixture in our entry hallway.  The main reason I am installing this is so I can dim the fixture, it's switch is one of two on a double switch and I don't have room to install another box to put an X10 switch in.  Now my question.  I want to leave the existing wall switch in place to allow for local control.  If the light is turned off and back on from the wall switch what state will the XPDF be in?  Will it come on in the same state it was prior to being turned off?  Will it be always on?  Will it be always off?  I can live with the same state or always on, I'm not sure about always off. 

Your input is appreciated.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: XPDF module
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 11:21:41 AM »

Did a few searches and didn't find an answer. Maybe someone that has one can add more details.

All of the X10 and X10Pro dimming devices I have seen; default to OFF at power up. The non dimming modules; with a mechanical switch; default to the state they where; at power loss. The new XPDF also has the soft start feature.

The only in fixture module; that I have seen; that remembers its state and does X10. Is the Insteon InLineLinc Dimmer. Primarily is an Insteon device but can have an X10 Primary Address added to it. They are also more costly than the X10Pro XPDF.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 11:41:05 AM by Brian H »

Msradell

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 08:09:11 AM »

Bump, I'm still looking for an answer, does anyone have any feedback?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 08:47:56 AM »

The users manual for the XPDF says it does have Local Control.

If the wall switch is between the XPDF Load lead and the fixtures line in. It should turn it on.

If the wall switch is on the Line side of the XPDF. It most likely will stay off.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.