Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT! X10 Covert Ops: A Secret Development Group  (Read 57411 times)

Rocket J Squirrel

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT! X10 Covert Ops: A Secret Development Group
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 07:03:32 PM »

I like Facebook, but it seems a terrible venue for X10 technical discussions. This board is much better suited for that.

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 09:46:23 PM »

I like Facebook, but it seems a terrible venue for X10 technical discussions. This board is much better suited for that.

I agree.

The contest are good on facebook and Twitter and I'm sure it will open up some new customers.
The forum is better for technical stuff and for veteran users also.
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 04:56:12 PM »

My gosh how many times have X10 asked, here at the forum, for this same information ... and have done nothing with it!!!!!   If it will do any good I will cut and paste all of these great Forum ideas into Facebook   B:( 
I agree with the assurtion X10 lackies have done nothing with the information they have asked for, and it will be the same for "Twitterbook". But  I am not going to carry X10's water on "Twitterbook" for them.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 05:39:10 PM »

SO to just keep all you old guys who don't want to deal with facebook in the loop..  :' kidding of course

They haven't been getting much this weekend in terms of anything new that wasn't mentioned on here. Time will tell if anyone who pays attention to Facebook from X10 will listen to them their or will it be just like the forums!!

FACEBOOK POST:
Farmer Fred Jr What about a module that goes inline with the telephone cord and triggers a macro when the phone rings (like mute the TV, increase brightness on lamp etc)Yesterday at 7:01pm ·

Tuicemen's AlertDialer and Alertdialer Plus with AHP and maybe BVC/USB-UIRT will do this.  Any older phone with a powerflash hooked to the ringer bell will accomplish the same, and I believe that the x10 telephone responder will trip an address upon ring.

Farmer Fred Jr Speech recognition module?Yesterday at 7:00pm

Hello? BVC anyone?

Doug Petschke I have lightorama lighting control. The software indicates being able to control x 10 products how do I do this?Yesterday at 11:19am ·

LOR speeds compared to X10 speeds are like comparing a runner from "Logan's Run" to the Millennium Falcon.  Anybody using LOR would be disappointed.

Evan Gillespie How about a module that will attach to the draw string of a blind to raise and lower it?

This can be referenced from this forum.  Hunter Douglas (a blind company) makes an auto closer/opener option on all of their blinds which can be easily interfaced to x10 with information and help from the forum.

Why do I bring all of this up? 

The point is that if you want x10 specific information, find it here.  If you want to be friends with Miley, or Brittany, or Zac, find it at that other place.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 09:35:14 PM »

IMHO, there are more than enough ideas and problems stated on this forum that X10 needs to address, all posted by a dedicated user base.

Why do we need yet another "trendy" way to discuss issues that are already being discussed?

Anyone remember the "community blogs"?

Those didn't accomplish much.   rofl

Personally, I don't feel the need to sign up for a Facebook account and have to police yet another "public profile" and worry about who may be hijacking it.

Good luck with the latest "trendy" communications venue!

Meanwhile, this "Luddite" will hold the fort and continue to help out on these "old" tried-and-true forums.

>!
I agree 100%. I enjoy helping folks, [ rant ON] but X10 is becoming tiresome in their lack of responsibility. Their web site makes in sound as if a four year old could automate a home. Their two wire switches will not work with CFLs or LED lights but X10 only causally states that fact with statements like "Perfect for ceiling lights, track lights, and other incandescent lights" and " Imagine making any incandescent light dimmable". That really makes it clear that they aren't for anything BUT incandescent, doesn't it? It isn't until one drills down through their FAQ that there is a hint of underlying difficulties. [rant OFF] I can't wait to see some of the Twitbookers questions.

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 11:29:40 PM »

Dear X10 forums,

I am having problems with my new X10 devices/cameras not operating when I click the button. What is wrong with them?

<english humour mode = ON>

Dear X10 User,

Regretfully we are unable to answer your question at this user/fan supported forum. Might we suggest that you repeat your question over at the official X10 Facebook / MySpace / Twitter user group.

The dedicated X10 staff monitoring those groups will know exactly what you need to do without knowing what hardware or software you are trying to use. They will also know all there is to know about buggy software releases, phase coupling, noise issues, macro problems, dummy/phantom module use and a gazillion other things that might or might not be wrong with your setup.

They will also gladly tell you that your idea (the original one that you recycled from this forum) is absolutely fantastic and will probably be put into production by the end of the week.

The quality of the support over at TwitsFaceSpace is equalled only by their official helpdesk and customer support line.

<english humour mode = OFF>

-:)
X10 could always use TwitsFaceSpace to promote the forum and have their unpaid 'helpers' here attempt to answer the questions. Or am I just being unrealistic expecting the average Twitter user to understand anything greater than 140 characters in length? I must be getting old, I remember the phrase as "words of more than one syllable"
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 01:55:54 AM »

I still think that X10 is moving on from automation stuff.. Not away from it just not working on anything new to their module line.

The new socialite thing seems to be confriming my idea. They say its a remote that lets you rate your Fav. TV shows and it also interface twitter and Facebook oh then they said it can do "much more"....
It almost sounds like they are setting up a rating system server for TV shows and my guess would be selling the information to groups. But bet they also make yo upay for th remote!! Win win for them.. Not for sure on this so we will have to wait till it comes out to know 100% what it is. (Just weird on wh ythey added a rating system at all)

Again this is just my 2 cents. We all complain about X10 not listening to ideas and we all can agree they really haven't changed much or came out with anything new on their modules or cameras. But this would be the second remote they have made this year!!
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 12:09:47 PM »

beelocks

rofl

Oh my gosh, don't do that again, I have a weak bladder, and I'm at work.

Thank you for the laugh! I'll still be giggling on the drive home.   :)%
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:56:11 PM by dave w »

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 07:02:08 PM »

My sincerest apologies, my guess is that you would prefer the phrase MyTwitsBook
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 04:15:45 PM »

I thought it would a matter of time before a X10 customer found Facebook to complain!!

FACEBOOK USER: Bought a camera system 8-27-09, had receiver problem, sent receiver back 9-1-09 and called 4 time to see status on receiver. have not got new receiver yet from x10. Do not buy from this company, if you have problems your out in the clod, they don't care . they got your money and that is what they wanted! will post daily, want everyone to know about this company.

Was just a matter of time!!! ahh it feels like home there now just like the Forum!!  rofl

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.