Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another Bleached Out Video Feed  (Read 6445 times)

iwonder

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Another Bleached Out Video Feed
« on: October 11, 2009, 06:35:29 PM »

I read some of the other "bleached out video" threads and am getting a bleached out video myself (blooms every couple of seconds) with AHP version 3.228.  B:(

I've got the VA12A converter connected to a VA42A receiver which is connected to a USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed) port on a Dell laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium).

On the other end is an XC18A color camera. The VA42A and camera power supply are set to the same House Code/Channel ("D")  .   The antennas are pointed at each other (about two feet apart).

On the camera I popped the rubber plug off and moved the slider switch all the way to the right, guessing that this was the "D" code although I didn't see any markings.

And no video - just video noise that blooms every couple of seconds.

I checked the codec and strangely, where I used to be able to select a codec, now I only have one option "Full Frames (Uncompressed)".  Has the ability to select codec files gone away in the new (3.228) version of AHP?

Just in case it was the software, I downloaded BlueIris and tried it and got some equally bizarre video going on.

Does anyone have any idea as to what could be going on?  ???

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Another Bleached Out Video Feed
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:10:50 PM »

Hi iwonder,

If memory serves me right, you can search the forum to confirm, the V3.228 is the version for the VA11A adapter. You would need the V3.236 update to make the VA12A to work on your system. It has the driver for the VA12A.

I use BlueIris and that would be the indicator that the VA12A is not working for you.
You would need to save any .ahx files from AHP before upgrading to V3.236 just in case. Do you have a VA11A adapter just to see if that one works.

With info in this forum will also tell you the story of this update and the problems that V3.236 has caused to other issues with automation with AHP. The video will work but everything else in AHP may act funny or incorrect.

Blue Iris is a great software that I use along side with AHP in my business system. Iris takes care of all the video recordings from all cameras while AHP v2.228 is running the automation part of my system.

Good luck and be ready for a tom of patients.

BaBaLou.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:13:13 PM by BaBaLou. »

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 10:14:56 AM »

The switch under the rubber plug is the frequency channel.  There is one on the camera and the receiver, make sure both of these are the same.  This is not the same as the house code on the power supply.  Then set the camera power supply to a house and unit code (example: c1)  then setup your camera in AHP and see it that works.  hope this helps.   ;)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 06:29:57 PM »

Just a note for BaBaLou. :  AHP 3.236 is considered to be buggy.  It is known to screw up timers and macros.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 06:44:22 PM »

Yes yes Dan,
we know, we had this discussions many times. I for one did have V3.236 working OK for me and using the VA12A adapter and that gave me a much better resolution and no white out. But yes a few bugs it has, many will agree but at the same many will tell you that V3.236 is good and works well. OnAlert was the problem with me, the remote signal was not being recognized properly and without it AHP works well for me.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.