Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2 New LM465's don't work in the same room  (Read 19477 times)

luisc202

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: 2 New LM465's don't work in the same room
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 07:20:49 PM »

Using a CFL with a Lamp Module can lead to problems sometimes. Even at 100% On; I have seen some CFL models not like the AC from them and generate noise or draw more current. Other brands take it in stride.  ;D

Brian,

I converted 90% of my whole 2 story house to CFL's.   The CM15A is now partially working.   I don't understand why.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 08:33:27 PM »

Using a CFL with a Lamp Module can lead to problems sometimes. Even at 100% On; I have seen some CFL models not like the AC from them and generate noise or draw more current. Other brands take it in stride.  ;D

Brian,

I converted 90% of my whole 2 story house to CFL's.   The CM15A is now partially working.   I don't understand why.

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm   !!!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Boiler

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 12:11:19 PM »

Yes i do.  What signal repeater are you talking about?

I believe Dave was referring to the Smarthome Signalinc active repeater (Model 4826).  While these are very convenient, they are not 100% compatible with the AHP/CM15a.  Smarthome units do not understand (repeat) extended code transmissions.  We (and X10) recommend using the LM14a interface for all softstart units (including the lm465).  The LM14a interface utilizes "extend code" transmissions that the Signalinc will not repeat.

An alternative would be Jeff Volps XTBR or XTB-II repeaters.  Try searching the forum, there's quite a bit of info on them here.

Boiler 

Just realized that I was replying to a question early in the thread (out of synch).  Sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 06:57:45 PM by Boiler »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 05:03:35 PM »

I have the first "production" XTBR running my house now.  As Boiler said, it does repeat the "doublet" extended commands produced by the CM15A.  The last of the components should be here by Monday, and it should be available in about a week.  I'll add documentation on the XTBR to the XTB page next week.  The unit will initially only be available in the assembled version.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.