Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Compatibility  (Read 5322 times)

asdfasdf

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Compatibility
« on: October 12, 2009, 08:46:34 AM »

Last spring I purchased one of the six camera packages, and I am sorry, I can't tell you which one. 

I had to return it because the cameras would not work on my new TV and the Vangaurd would not work with VISTA.  The cameras did perform flawlessly on my neighbor's old box of a tv, though.  I spent two whole days trying to get it to work on my system.

Since I didn't purchase this package for my neighbors, I returned it with no hassle. 

Can someone shed some light on my compatibility issues?   I'd really like to try again but don't want to go through the same hassle and disappointment.  I am considering upgrading to WINDOWS 7 and would consider procuring an old TV for monitoring purposes. 

BTW, does X10 offer a camera and adapters for internet streaming?

Mac

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 01:39:34 PM »

I had to return it because the cameras would not work on my new TV  The cameras did perform flawlessly on my neighbor's old box of a tv, though. 

Can someone shed some light on my compatibility issues?   I'd really like to try again but don't want to go through the same hassle and disappointment. 

Mac
$0.02
With no more detail it is impossible to guess why your TV would not display the X10 camera video.

However NTSC video should play on any North American TV with non HiDef inputs. Will your TV display video from the composite output jack (usually yellow RCA connector labelled "VIDEO") of a VCR? If so, it should have displayed the X10 camera video.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.