Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sending RF commands from Macro to trigger another Macro  (Read 4884 times)

dalew75

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Sending RF commands from Macro to trigger another Macro
« on: October 21, 2009, 01:18:32 PM »

I have a Macro setup that does the following:

1) Macro 1 receives an A5 ON trigger from a motion sensor outside.  If flag 12 is off, it sets flag 12 to on, issues a A7 ON RF Command, delays for 5 minutes, issues an A7 OFF RF Command, and then clears flag 12.
2) Macro 2 listens for the A7 ON commands (sent by Macro 1), and turns on a light when triggered
3) Marco 3 listens for the A7 OFF commands (sent by Macro 1), and turns off the same light when triggered.

The flag is to ensure the timer period is only executed once.  When using a remote in this setup, pressing A7 on and off successfully runs the Macro and turns on/off the lamp.  But when it's from Macro 1, it doesn't execute... (although I see the lamp on/off macros flashing in AH on computer)

The only difference in the activity log is the A7 on/off commands from the remote read "receive RF", and the ones from Macro 1 read "Macro RF".

Why doesn't the RF Command from Macro 1 correctly trigger the other Macros?  Also, if there's an easier way to share my setup that I don't know about, let me know.

Thanks,
Dale

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
Re: Sending RF commands from Macro to trigger another Macro
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »

Try issue a powerline A7 maybe the controller doesn't pick up its own RF output.  You might need another transceiver or the house code is not being transceived in the tools hardware on the cm15
M M ElectricMan

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Sending RF commands from Macro to trigger another Macro
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 08:36:02 PM »

Mellomark is spot on in his diagnosis.  The CM15A cannot simultaneously receive the RF command being sent.  If it could, this would create a huge problem.
I believe that this has been previously documented.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.