Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS10A and CM19A  (Read 13943 times)

theem

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS10A and CM19A
« on: October 21, 2009, 08:16:04 PM »

I have the CM19A hooked up to my computer and can use it to send RF signals to my transceiver unit and receive RF signals from my remote control.  I also have a DS10A, but no security system device.  The DS blinks at me when I open and close my door, but the CM does not receive any signals from it.  Is there any way to make this work?

EDIT 1:  If it matters, I'm sending and receiving RF signals using the ActiveHome Scripting SDK.  I've done some searching, and it appears as though what I'm attempting may not be possible.  Are there any mods that I could try?  If I had to, could I purchase the CM17A or PF284 to do this?

EDIT 2:  If what I am attempting is not possible, then it is solely a software/driver issue, not a hardware one.  I monitored the incoming data (on a low-level, before the driver had access to it) from the CM19A when I triggered the DS10A and data was received by the computer.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:22:27 PM by theem »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: DS10A and CM19A
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 06:16:15 AM »

#2 The PF284 can send a standard X10 On and Off code with a dry contact closure or application of a low voltage. It can also send an All Lights
     On and All Units Off. Depending on the Mode Setting Switch.
     Unlike the DS10A it needs AC power so that may limit your application.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 12:26:24 PM »

EDIT 2:  If what I am attempting is not possible, then it is solely a software/driver issue, not a hardware one.  I monitored the incoming data (on a low-level, before the driver had access to it) from the CM19A when I triggered the DS10A and data was received by the computer.
Actually it is sorta hardware related. The DS10 does transmit on same frequency as X10 RF remotes (310mHz). But uses different coding. I believe the "On Alert" plug-in for AHP understands the DS10.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »

Also WGL makes a X10 receiver that can map a security sensors message to a standard X10 message.
V572RF32. I believe some users here have it and may provide more information on it.
I believe X10 now calls On Alert the "Home Security Solution" SW39A

theem

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 08:37:20 PM »

Just so everybody knows, this is possible.  I have successfully coded a VB.net program that receives input from the CM19A and pops up a message indicating whether the door has been opened or closed.

#2 The PF284 can send a standard X10 On and Off code with a dry contact closure or application of a low voltage. It can also send an All Lights

Will the PF send an RF or a PL signal?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 06:18:39 AM »

Powerflash sends a Power Line Signal.

monkeytoes

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 12:53:27 PM »

Theem,

Any chance of sharing the code with the rest of us?

Just so everybody knows, this is possible.  I have successfully coded a VB.net program that receives input from the CM19A and pops up a message indicating whether the door has been opened or closed.

Will the PF send an RF or a PL signal?

marcomatic

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 06:34:37 AM »

Hello All,

I think Theem is making a Joke, it is not possible* !!

Here the results of my tests (I use delphi with libusb-win32) :

- I receive RFs of my SH624 (arm home/away too)
- I receive nothing from DS10A, MS10A or KR10A

I tested the TX line of USB while sending with a voltmeter (no oscilloscope sorry) and
when sending from the SH624 the voltage varies, but from DS10A it doesn't.

So the CM19A simply ignores the security sendings, *the only chance is that we can tell the CM19A
to get them (with an init code or what ? ) but I am "skeptic" :(.

Bye

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 09:05:58 AM »

I too am sceptical about Theem's statement:
Especially if he is still using the SDK to do this.
Others have stated this is possible using libusb and a CM15A but I've not had any luck. B:(
Then again I'm just a novice programmer and probably gave up to soon. :)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dannyrg

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 02:17:03 AM »

Is there *any* setup out there in which a CM19A can receive security codes? Whether using the OnAlert plug-in, the SDK, or any of the dozen or so third-party drivers?

My own testing backs what marcomatic said: out of the box, the device ignores security transmits. If receiving is at all possible, then there has to be some kind of init sequence you have to feed the device to enable it. (And there's precedent for this... Neil Cherry's cm19a-libusb driver has some magic bytes that allow it to receive from the CR14A remote.)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.