Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X10 ActiveHome Pro setup  (Read 13281 times)

Efrain Morales

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • X10 updates its software frequently.
X10 ActiveHome Pro setup
« on: October 25, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »

X10 ActiveHome Pro setup:
======================

CM15A Computer Interface:
======================

The latest driver for the CM15A Computer Interface is 6.0.0.239 dated 03/23/2009 and digitally signed on 03/23/2009. It is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 on both 32 and 64 bits. The software for this driver is found in the X10 Software Download Center, under X10 USB Wireless Remote Drivers, named : "x10 drivers 6432 239.exe" and can be found here:

http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

Download to your desktop, install, and restart. Connect theCM15A and Windows will install the drivers. Check the driver installation in the Device Manager, both under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and Human Interface Device, they should be number 6.0.0.239 dated 03/23/2009 for USB, and 6.0.0.209 dated 11/10/2006 for HID.  Keep the downloaded copy on your desktop until all is working correctly; later delete.

Software:
========

The ActiveHome Software is "ahp  updt  236.exe" dated 03/12/2008 and digitally signed on 09/05/2008, can be found here:

http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/

Save to desktop and restart after installation. The program ask to be registered, the number to enter is the same as your Purchase Order. Do not copy paste the number from the email X10 sent you; enter the number manually or the registration will fail. Keep the downloaded copy on your desktop until all is working correctly; later delete.

Compatibility:
===========

Both software and hardware are compatible with Windows 7, 64/32 bits. For a perfect setup, always use the latest digitally signed software and drivers.

Efrain Morales  10/25/2009

« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:53:31 PM by Efrain Morales »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: X10 ActiveHome Pro setup
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 04:38:26 PM »

3.236 is a BUGGY version of AHP.  X10USA REFUSES to recognize the many posts here that it is.  DO NOT INSTALL IT. go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and look for ahp_updt_204.exe. Download this and install it.  Once AHP is installed, use the update link in it to upgrade AHP to 2.228, the current good version.

Also, what you posted (The latest driver for the CM15A Computer Interface is 6.0.0.238 dated 10/28/2008. The software for this driver is found in the X10 Software Download Center, under X10 USB Wireless Remote Drivers, named : "x10 drivers 6432 239.exe" and can be found here:

http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm)  Does not apply to a new install of AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

rnorton888

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:37:30 PM »

I have the newest APH and the x10 drivers are only 3.0.0189. They will not update for me to the newer drivers in the hardware contontrol area. I have tried uninstalling them then updating with the file etc and just can't shake them loose. Any ideas how to get this done step  by step?
Thanks
Randy

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 09:47:41 PM »

I have the newest APH and the x10 drivers are only 3.0.0189. They will not update for me to the newer drivers in the hardware contontrol area. I have tried uninstalling them then updating with the file etc and just can't shake them loose. Any ideas how to get this done step  by step?
Thanks
Randy

It's AHP, and the drivers are for what?

rnorton888

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 10:01:43 PM »

Reguarding the posts above.

I have APH 3.236
The CM15A Computer Interface is Drivers seem to be 3.0.0189. I am trying to update to the CM15A Interface is 6.0.0.238 dated 10/28/2008 with the "x10 drivers 6432 239.exe drivers but no matter what I do I cant get the drivers to update even after uninstalling the drivers from the control panel. It always says it updated but when I go to the Control Panel Hardware it still shows 3.0.0.189 in the USB area and Human device areas.
Need any help I can get to get these updated.
Thanks
Randy

Efrain Morales

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 01:51:21 AM »

Hi Randy Norton:

This 3.0.0.189 Computer Interface driver is the result of installing old version 204 and updating to a still obsolete 228. This obsolete softwares had the driver included. The modern AHP setup has separate software for the driver, and for the operating  program. The difficulty in removing the old 189 is because you have either one of the oldies 204 or 228 installed. They don't show in Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features in Vista), so the only way to get rid of them is the Delete method.

1. C > Program Files > ActiveHome > right click and select Delete

2. C > Program Files > X10 Hardware > right click and select Delete

3. C > Program Files > Common Files > X10 > right click and select Delete

4. Restart

5. Uninstall the X10 USB ActiveHome driver in the Universal Serial Bus Controller of the Device Manager

As per my initial post, proceed first with the driver installation and then the software. This installation order is very important, because the software requests the Interface to be plugged, in order to proceed with the installation. If the 239 driver had not been previously installed, Windows will assign an oldie.

Register. Check for updates and see that you have the latest.

Efrain Morales   10/26/2009
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:55:30 PM by Efrain Morales »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 07:31:36 AM »

What are you guys trying to do?  The drivers you are trying to install are for Firecracker, not AHP alone.   

rnorton888

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 09:31:12 PM »

I did that and still have the same drivers for the CM15A. I removed all directory's etc. I was able to also use the install as I am using XP and it showed but still same thing. Doesn't X10 have some type of user utilities to take care of the drivers? I had this problem a couple years ago and had to reinstall windows and I dint want to loose my other items. This is why I stoped using this stuff back then.
I am just trying to update the already installed drivers for the CM15A that's it.
Thanks
Randy

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 09:47:44 PM »

When you install AHP, you get the proper drivers for the CM15A.  You don't need any other drivers unless you get one or more of the plug-ins for AHP.

rnorton888

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 09:50:19 PM »

So 3.0.0.189  is the correct drivers for the USB CM15A?
THanks
Randy

arf1410

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 12:30:49 AM »

Nice new PC with Windows 7 64 bit...I got activehome pro reloaded and seems to work...EXCEPT it does not recognize the CM15A...I tried to update teh drives as instructed above...but no success...HELP!

Efrain Morales

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 06:52:39 AM »

Hi Randy Norton:

Please tell me the specific steps you take to find that driver number 3.0.0.189. Again, be very specific.

To check if you have the latest CM15A drivers: C > Program Files > Common Files > X10. This X10 folder has the 32 and 64 bit drivers. Open X10 and you have files Common, and DriveInstall. Inside the Common file you will find the most infamous X10.exe file;  if you click it, Windows will detect the bug and close the program, this bug has persisted since version 203. Inside the DriveInstall you have the 32 and 64 bits transceivers and Human Interface Device, both to go out the USB to the CM15A Computer Interface. If you don't see the above inside the H10 folder, you have an old version and should be deleted and replaced by driver 239 (but the 238 still inside).

Is impossible to delete file X10 because it is working and needs to be stop first. With the help of the Device Manager, look for X10 in Process and Services and right click and stop the service. Only after the X10 service has been stopped, the file deletion is possible. Delete and Restart.
Install the 239 driver, restart and see how it works, any problem and go reinstall 236 program. Check version in Device Manager USB Controllers. It shoud now be 238.
To avoid the infamous X10.exe file, don't use the Hardware Configuration under Tools.

Hi arf1410:

Maybe the above can help you with the driver recognition.

Efrain Morales        10/27/2009

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 10:08:38 PM »

I use AHP version 3.228 and my driver is 3.0.0.187.  3.0.0.189 must be from 3.236 that known BUGGY version of AHP.  The drivers for the CM15A come with AHP when you install it.  BTW, the version you keep talking about is only for the FireCracker add-on and the CM17A that comes with it. NO FireCracker add-on, you don't need it.

arf1410

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 12:33:59 PM »

got the new PC with Windows 7 to recognize the CM15a using the usual battery removal dance!

Efrain Morales

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »

USB and Hardware issues
=====================
Removing hardware by just pulling it off the USB plug is the worst way of handling your PC, always use the Safety Remove Hardware tool. Refresh your USB drivers as follows:

First you need access to all hidden files inside your PC. Please right click Computer > Properties > Advanced System Settings at the left side > in the Advance tab select Environment Variables > in System Variables click New and enter:  "devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices" without the parenthesis and enter 1 for the Value. Click the Ok and Exit. The above instruction is for Windows Vista, but is similar for XP, and is intended to be used only on single non network PC (never in a network).

Please open the Device Manager and the Universal Serial Bus Controller and look at the USB icons and you will notice that all have a solid black color. Click View at top and select Show Hidden Devices (has to be selected on every test because it does not stay fix by default). Take again a close look at the USB icons and you will see that some are transparent. These USB transparent icons are the leftover drivers that Windows assigns to the hardware that you remove, in some cases month or years ago. Uninstall only all transparent USB icons. Next time you plug any device, Windows again will provide the required driver to the specific USB, or the one that is in the hardware program you previously installed.

To have a better understanding of the conflict that is caused by removing the hardware from the USB, by only pulling the plug and not using the Safety Remove Hardware tool, please do the following:

With any available hardware, plug it on all the empty USB ports you have on the PC, letting Windows install the driver and then simply unplug to remove. Try to install a different hardware in the same USB ports and in some of them Windows will not detect the device; this is because the USB is empty but is still in use with the previous driver. Plug the first same device and now right click it and select Safely Remove and unplug. No transparent icon is shown.

Sometimes even using the Safely Remove feature, the Windows driver is left assigned to the USB port, maybe expecting to have the same hardware plugged again. This is why is important to check and uninstall the transparent USB icons. If you have not done the maintenance, don't blame any of the Windows OS for the USB conflicts when installing your hardware devices.  After you finish, check for other transparent hidden devices in the Device Manager and see how many belong to things that you no longer use. How many months or years have passed since you used and removed some of the devices shown? Do the maintenance and you will have perfectly working USB ports.

Efrain Morales                                                                                                       02-01-2009
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.