Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Additional camera's after 1-4  (Read 10589 times)

newbomb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Additional camera's after 1-4
« on: October 25, 2009, 02:44:49 PM »

Have 6 cameras and detectors working in AHP with macros. Camera's 1-4 trigger fine but 5-6 do not come on when triggered.  So, how do I turn off the last used camera in grp 1-4 so a camera in grp 4-8 will come on.
Camera's are house code C    1-6
Detector's are house code A   1-6
All camera's work in AHP to view. Look great and can switch between all 6 manually in AHP.

Appreciative...
John

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Additional camera's after 1-4
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 03:34:13 PM »

I assume that you want the motion sensor to trigger cam 5 and 6?  Walk by the motion sensor, then look in AHP's activity monitor and see if the motion sensor is reaching the cm15.  If it isn't then you have joined the rest of us with the range problems and will probably have to add some equipment to help your range. (like a v572, i love mine)

If you are getting the signal than look in your macros, sometimes its just a simple setting that was wrong.

If you do a forum search there is a wealth of info on this kind of problem.  hope this helps.   >!
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

newbomb

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 11:38:34 AM »

Thanks,
I use 2 751's to pick up the motion sensors, one in the front of the house and one outback. My sensor 4, which works is about 10 feet from sensor 5 that does not work. Both are about 12 feet from the 751. I rechecked the house and unit codes and cleared the activity in AHP. Did a all units off and then tried the 5 and 6 sensors and no activity. I was thinking that the next grp of 1-4's weren't working cause one camera was still on in the first grp. Now, with a all units off and seeing that camera go off in activity I am at a loss right now.

Thanks,
John

hawk1

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 12:02:03 PM »

Did you put the motion sensor closer to see if it even shows up in the activity monitor?  If they don't trigger at all when close by then you probably have a couple of bad sensors.

You must me using the cm15 if you have AHP.  Using the 2 tm751's is not a good idea because they step on each others signals (their not polite)

Have you tried without the use of the tm751's?

Also motion sensors will put out the code that you input +1 (example: sensor is a1 so the sensor will send a1 and a2 for dusk and dawn signals)

A simple example of a cam setup would be:  cam1 c1, cam2 c2, cam3 c3, cam4 c4, cam5 c5, cam6 c6.  motion sensor b1 for cam1, b3 for cam2, b5 for cam3, b7 for cam4, b9 for cam5, b11 for cam6.

Also make sure that all the cameras and receivers are using the same frequency (switch under rubber plug, all to A or all to B, C, D) reminder that this is just the frequency switch and has nothing to do with the house and unit code on the power supplies.

A good way to check the motion sensors is to take them close to the computer and cm15 and open the activity monitor, while watching the activity monitor wave your hand over the sensor or move it and see if the red led flashes, then look in your activity monitor to see if the cm15 is receiving its signal.

You might want to tell us exactly what equipment you are using and what the unit and house codes are for each piece of equipment and what you are trying to do because like I said some of your equipment doesn't like to play well with others.

newbomb

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:05:14 AM »

Am using AHP with the cm15. I unplugged the 751's and now no sensors register in the Activity monitor.
I am using 6 xx20a wireless b/w camera's
6 ms14a eagle eye sensor's
vr42a receiver

settings are:
camera's  c1-6
sensor's a1-6
Set up in ahp as macro's and record for 30 seconds. Camera's 1-4 work fine day and night. Did take the 2 suspect sensors down and brought into den and they triggered just fine the camera's 5 and 6. SO, and that is a big so. How do I extend the range for this cm15? Now that the tm751's were disconnected, no sensors trigger.
***UPDATE****  None of the sensors work, not even in the same room as the cm15.

Thanks so much,

John
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:25:13 AM by newbomb »

hawk1

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 10:23:39 AM »

There are antenna mods for the cm15 but that will void your warranty.  Take a look at the v572.  I bought one of these and never looked back.  I have no problems picking up sensors way past my driveway.  If you do get one of these babies make sure the cm15 isn't transceiving  any codes.  Just let the v572 do all the work.  Here is the link to the v572:  http://www.wgldesigns.com/v572.html

The cm15 is known for its range problems.  You can do a forum search for "range problems" and find tons of stuff on this.  Some users have no problem with range, but I've seen more that do.

Concerning the 2 751's; i wouldn't use them.  There not polite and step on signals which could cause more problems.  Hope this helps.  A lot of us have been in your shoes before.

There could be other problems as well.  But it sounds like to me that range is your problem, which the v572 will solve.  Or if you want to void your warranty and your handy with a soldiering iron you could try one the many antenna mods in these forums.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:27:14 AM by hawk1 »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »

..... Take a look at the v572.  I bought one of these and never looked back.  I have no problems picking up sensors way past my driveway.  v572:  http://www.wgldesigns.com/v572.html

I messed with a phase issue way too long before I got serious about making my X10 work correctly. Then I HAD to modify my CM15A. If I was to start over... I would start with a v572 and a phase coupler/repeater at my breakerbox.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:59:05 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

hawk1

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 10:05:18 AM »

I too had phase problems, purchased phase coupler.  I too had range problems, purchased v572.  I too had signal strength problems, purchased XTB!  Ahhhhhh, the little things to make life easier!!!    rofl

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 07:41:04 AM »

The range of the cm15 was a bigger problem for me than the coupler issue also.  All I did was cut a piece of romex about 18 inch long, took the white wire out and tie wrapped it to the antenna on the cm15.  Surprising enough that increase my range dramatically.  MY unit is under the coffee table.
M M ElectricMan

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 09:27:37 AM »

..... All I did was cut a piece of romex about 18 inch long, took the white wire out and tie wrapped it to the antenna on the cm15.  Surprising enough that increase my range dramatically. 
I believe that's called a reflective antenna (the 18' white wire). I've read of other very successful similar mods. Although I have heard it as a 9 1/4 inch piece of coat hanger taped or cable (zip) tied to the antenna. I like your solution better.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.