Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: heyu timed function without pc connected  (Read 8268 times)

glb7272

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
heyu timed function without pc connected
« on: October 31, 2009, 01:08:46 AM »

Well I finally installed heyu, should have done it a long time ago. Bear with me I am about 4 hours into this adventure and most everything works and makes sense in my small brain. So It was all going great and then as usual  I felt a strong urge to over complicate things.

I found this script (thanks Charles Sullivan).
lamp_timer.sh    2007-10-17 (revised)
When launched by the Heyu Engine by an On signal to a module, this BASH script starts a countdown timer which will turn Off the module after the number of minutes specified. Subsequent On signals while the module is still in the On state will reset the countdown to its originally specified time. An Off signal cancels the countdown. See the header in the script for usage information. [Note: The user-configurable timers introduced with Heyu 2.0beta.10 provide a more flexible alternative to using this script.]

My question is can the cm11a do the same thing from its memory?  I want to use my hardwired alarm tied to a hacked MC460 to activate a light from a motion sensor or door sensor.

I tried this as a way to trigger the second macro from the first but i don't think it will ever work because it is not a trigger from an outside source like a remote tied to a receiver. What am I missing? or is it even possible? Can 2 cm11a's bounce the signal between each other  to make it work?
macro  a2on  0  on  a1,2
macro  b5off  1  off  a1   
trigger  a3 on  a2on
trigger   a2 on b5off

monitor output
10/31 00:40:08  rcvt addr unit       3 : hu A3  (_no_alias_)
10/31 00:40:08  rcvt func           On : hc A
10/31 00:40:08  Trigger executed macro : a2on, address 0x3f2
10/31 00:40:08  sndt addr unit       1 : hu A1  (_no_alias_)
10/31 00:40:08  sndt addr unit       2 : hu A2  (_no_alias_)
10/31 00:40:08  sndt func           On : hc A

Thanks

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: heyu timed function without pc connected
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »

Well I finally installed heyu, should have done it a long time ago. Bear with me I am about 4 hours into this adventure and most everything works and makes sense in my small brain. So It was all going great and then as usual  I felt a strong urge to over complicate things.

I found this script (thanks Charles Sullivan).
lamp_timer.sh    2007-10-17 (revised)
When launched by the Heyu Engine by an On signal to a module, this BASH script starts a countdown timer which will turn Off the module after the number of minutes specified. Subsequent On signals while the module is still in the On state will reset the countdown to its originally specified time. An Off signal cancels the countdown. See the header in the script for usage information. [Note: The user-configurable timers introduced with Heyu 2.0beta.10 provide a more flexible alternative to using this script.]

My question is can the cm11a do the same thing from its memory?  I want to use my hardwired alarm tied to a hacked MC460 to activate a light from a motion sensor or door sensor.

No.  While you can program a delayed turn off in the CM11A memory, you will always get the Off signal at the end of the delay.  The script (or using a Heyu timer) defers the Off signal so long as it continues receiving On signals at intervals less than the delay interval.  So for example if you have a light triggered by motion from a motion detector, the script will keep the light On so long as motion continues to be detected.

I tried this as a way to trigger the second macro from the first but i don't think it will ever work because it is not a trigger from an outside source like a remote tied to a receiver. What am I missing? or is it even possible? Can 2 cm11a's bounce the signal between each other  to make it work?
macro  a2on  0  on  a1,2
macro  b5off  1  off  a1   
trigger  a3 on  a2on
trigger   a2 on b5off

monitor output
10/31 00:40:08  rcvt addr unit       3 : hu A3  (_no_alias_)
10/31 00:40:08  rcvt func           On : hc A
10/31 00:40:08  Trigger executed macro : a2on, address 0x3f2
10/31 00:40:08  sndt addr unit       1 : hu A1  (_no_alias_)
10/31 00:40:08  sndt addr unit       2 : hu A2  (_no_alias_)
10/31 00:40:08  sndt func           On : hc A

Thanks

While trigger signals can be bounced back and forth between two CM11As, you still have the problem that once a delayed macro is triggered, there's no way for another signal to cancel it.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

glb7272

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: heyu timed function without pc connected
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 12:45:40 PM »

That makes sense now.
Thanks for the reply and your efforts with heyu.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.