Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I know I know, Smart macro's and conditions DO NOT WORK!!!  (Read 12869 times)

blaib

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
I know I know, Smart macro's and conditions DO NOT WORK!!!
« on: October 31, 2009, 04:27:59 PM »

Hello, I think I have finally got my smart macro's to work, maybe.  Anyway I have been experimenting with conditions.  All I am asking is that when someone walks into the hallway between 10:00 Pm and 5:00 Am the bathroom light comes on.  I have an ActiveEye set up and I can get the macro to work just fine but when I put a condition in front of it, it will not activate.  I have checked all of the settings I could find and do not see anything unchecked.  I have searched the forum and can not find this exact problem with a fix.  Can anyone help it has to be something simple.

blaib

Re: I know I know, Smart macro's and conditions DO NOT WORK!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 04:30:09 PM »

by the way I have also checked the time in the modual and it is set correctly.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 04:42:01 PM »

Midnight is the limitation.  Use a flag (let's say no. 12 for this example) as your condition.
If flag 12 is set, then the macro fires.
Now set up a phantom module (let's say m 16, for example)
Set up a macro called "on time" tied to "m16 on" for a trigger, and another macro called "off time" set to "m16 off" as a trigger.

"on time" macro sets flag 12
"off time" macro clears flag 12

Now set a timer to m16 to come on at 10pm and off at 5 am.

That's the simple version, the complicated version assigns the timers to the macros themselves.

Voila.
Cheers.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

blaib

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 05:31:37 PM »

Ok, I will try that.  Still alittle confusing since I have never used the flags and dont know what they do.  For the heck of it, I tried all different types of conditions, IE. date,weekend only, and several others.  It just does not want to work with a condition at all.
Very frusterating.

THanks Brian

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 11:04:06 PM »

Hi blaib,
Ask yourself want you want the light of the bathroom to do during the other time eg. 5.00 am to 10.00 pm. and create a macro for that. This is another alternative to using the flags for now. But don't fool yourself, the flags have a great benefit. As your macros increase in quantity and sizes it will play to your benefit and the also the speed a macro will check for conditions more organized and more efficient.
Hope that might help.
BaBaLou.

blaib

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »

Well, I figured out what i was doing wrong.  I feel pretty stupid posting this, belive it or not I even repair pc's.  Anyway I did not realize it did not save to the interface automatically.  After I started saving the macro's everything worked fine.  It is alot easier to use the condition instead of the way some were posting. Now if I could get the DS10A's to work with a condtition I would be in buisness!  But I still can not get them to work.  Anymore ideas?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »

Macro conditions have a hard dtime crossing midnight (ex: between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM.
I've had better luck separating it out to two conditions (ex: After 10:00 PM or Before 5:00 AM)

--Noam

kit4u

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 08:30:20 PM »

For Conditions to work:

You have to separate the the macros into two.  One macro will have the condition in it. The other macro will have the trigger (per say a security window/door sensor or a motion sensor) In my example I used between two times as the condition.  I used a security door sensor to trigger a dummy switch.  The dummy switch triggers the conditional macro.

1st Macro ---DS10A Trigger instantly a dummy applicance module to ON (B6)
(Stored on interface) 2nd Macro --- Trigger by B6 being turned ON condition (if time between 12am and 5am) triggers A1 to turn ON witch turns on the lights in the living room 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.