Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Windows 7 - 64 bit  (Read 17377 times)

gmkayaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Windows 7 - 64 bit
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 09:32:49 PM »

I'm using AHP 3.318 on Windows 7 x64 and I consistently have problems when I have a 2nd monitor attached to my laptop. Whenever AHP opens another window (such as Hardware Configuration or Find Other Computers, but not Activity Monitor), AHP appears to hang. Upon closer inspection, it turns out that it has opened the window with a "zero" vertical size so that it appears only as a bright line across the middle of the main AHP window.  The only way to recover AHP is to click on the AHP icon in the task bar, select the bottom-most instance, right-click on it and select Maximize. Then the window becomes visible. You have to do this EVERY time AHP opens a window or dialog (such as a confirmation that the download has happened, etc. etc. etc. ) THIS IS VERRRRRRRY ANNOYING after you have discovered it; it makes the program completely UNUSABLE if you haven't figured out what's going on (most non-technical people and most X10 newbies.)

Gerard

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 06:50:56 AM »

same setup as me;  all work here wo this issue.  I had dragged monitor window over to 2nd lcd a long time ago and it has opened there fine since.  other windows open at same settings as previous.

do u have other issues with win7 where it does not let u access files (permission issues) or where it wont save config files  i have fought these issues on various win7 64bit machines; almost sounds like ur ahp is not saving the window data for use next time?  if not these issues too, then sounds like good time for a uninstall and reinstall ahp try....

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 11:20:48 AM »

Although it doesn't look like it, the Activity Monitor uses the Internet Explorer engine to display the information.
Do you use IE as your main browser, or are you using something else (like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc)?

You might want to try opening IE, and resizing the window to fill most of the middle portion of the screen (but NOT maximized, and not filling the entire screen).
Then, close IE, and try opening the Activity Monitor again. I don't know if it will help, but I've had this fix work for other apps that use the IE engine.

m82a1pa

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 05:48:01 PM »

No problems running AHP on x64, including the latest version.

I've got two minor glitches that I've found: 1) Whenever I close AHP. it always prompts to save changes even though I haven't made any and and even though I've checked the 'Don't ask again box'. 2) I have a shortcut in my StartUp folder for AHP with the program properties for 'Minimize' which it doesn't.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 07:33:40 PM »

No problems running AHP on x64, including the latest version.

I've got two minor glitches that I've found: 1) Whenever I close AHP. it always prompts to save changes even though I haven't made any and and even though I've checked the 'Don't ask again box'. 2) I have a shortcut in my StartUp folder for AHP with the program properties for 'Minimize' which it doesn't.

Is it prompting you to save changes, or to download to the interface? The second one is a bug that was introduced a few versions back. The simple answer is to click "no" on that question, and it won't bother you until you make a change worthy of downloading to the interface.

As for the inability to start up minimized, I don't think that ever worked. When X10 wrote AHP, they dispensed with the "standard" Windows gui framework, and wrote their own. It isn't so much a bug as it is a design limitation.

dennis48755

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »

I am now having this same problem.

It did not occur on my previous dual monitor setup pc. But I just built a new computer using the same two monitors set to the same resolution as the previous pc. So the primary difference (besides cpu & motherboard) is the graphics adapter.

Dennis
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.