Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Frustrated with X10 Audio/Video sender and receiver  (Read 12496 times)

rocketgirl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Frustrated with X10 Audio/Video sender and receiver
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:56:00 AM »

Obviously I'm frustrated with this stupid thing. First off I'm a little confused as to why it says model # VK82A on my box, but on the bottom of the sender and receiver it says model #VR46A. Anyway, I have the platinum remote thing (model # UR73A) which will turn on the TV in my bedroom. It will turn on the cable box in the living room if I'm standing DIRECTLY in front of it, it will even change the channel. I have the IR thing hooked up. It's supposed to work. It doesn't. Yes, the remote has brand spanking new batteries, I just put them in. No the cable box remote will not work in the bedroom. Yes the IR things are directly in front of the magic eye infrared thing on the cable box. I only bought this because it's a hassle to leave the bedroom every time I want to change the channel. If I can't get this to work, it's getting packed up tomorrow and shipped back. I don't have the energy or the patience to screw around with this. It says 5 minute set up, I've already been at it for 2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help me! I just want this to work so I can relax and watch my TV.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Frustrated with X10 Audio/Video sender and receiver
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 09:29:13 AM »

I can't help with the rest of it, but the VKxxx designation refers to a "kit" containing several different components.  The VRxxx is the model number of a specific component.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Frustrated with X10 Audio/Video sender and receiver
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 11:56:19 AM »

Obviously I'm frustrated with this stupid thing. First off I'm a little confused as to why it says model # VK82A on my box, but on the bottom of the sender and receiver it says model #VR46A. Anyway, I have the platinum remote thing (model # UR73A) which will turn on the TV in my bedroom. It will turn on the cable box in the living room if I'm standing DIRECTLY in front of it, it will even change the channel. I have the IR thing hooked up. It's supposed to work. It doesn't. Yes, the remote has brand spanking new batteries, I just put them in. No the cable box remote will not work in the bedroom. Yes the IR things are directly in front of the magic eye infrared thing on the cable box. I only bought this because it's a hassle to leave the bedroom every time I want to change the channel. If I can't get this to work, it's getting packed up tomorrow and shipped back. I don't have the energy or the patience to screw around with this. It says 5 minute set up, I've already been at it for 2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help me! I just want this to work so I can relax and watch my TV.

Are both units really "VR46A"??

If so, X10 has made a shipping error. You should have a VT46A (the "sender") connected to the cable box and a VR46A (the receiver) connected to TV.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 11:58:47 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.