Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless home security system malfunctions??  (Read 10677 times)

snguyen

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wireless home security system malfunctions??
« on: November 16, 2009, 09:05:32 AM »

B:(To All,

Please help me out if you have the same problem like me. I have two home wireless security system in the house. One is upstair and one is below.  It had worked fine around two years and they sudden dead after I disarmed in the morning.
         I called customer support (Josh). He was good. He sent me troubleshooting guides, step by step to help me but they did not work again.  Do you think what is problem? Both of them dead the same day?? One in the upstair is like new. I used few times in the year only.
I did re-install many times but they did not work.
         Do you think that both of them got malfunction or security home system just used for short times only???

Many Thanks,

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Wireless home security system malfunctions??
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:55:36 AM »

Can you give more details on the systems?

Do you have two complete systems or are we talking sensors around the house and one central console?

snguyen

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 07:34:46 PM »

Hi Brian,

I have two  central consoles.  And both of them were died after I disarmed in the morning.  Everyday, I disarmed in the downstair only when I found out It did not work.  I disarmed in the upstair and I re-installed but both of them did not work.
      I tried to re-install from A-Z like troubleshooting guide but They did not work.  I moved them around with different outlet and even I changed new battery but They don't work.
      Do I miss something else? Please advice me.

Thanks

snguyen

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:37:49 AM »

Hi Brian,
         Are you an expert?  Can you advice me about this one ???

Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 10:15:14 AM »

No I don't have much of Security Console experiences.
There are many here with them and I am sure they will have more answers for you.

Where there any power problems around the time they failed?

snguyen

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 10:33:05 AM »

Hi Brian,

No power outage, nothing is wrong. It happened after I disarmed my house and they were dead afterthat.
I called customers support for helping me to troubleshoot them.
            But the best their answerred to me " buy a new one..may be it work"  even they are not sure that it can work 100%.
I don't know what kind of support like that.. May be I will get rid of them and I never recommend with my friends about x10 anymore.
           Happy Thanksgiving.
Snguyen

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 12:39:46 PM »

.... I have two  central consoles.  And both of them were died after I disarmed in the morning.  Everyday, I disarmed in the downstair only when I found out It did not work.  I disarmed in the upstair and I re-installed but both of them did not work.

Without something like a lighting strike or power surge... the odds of two units failing at the exact same time... are out of range. It must be the remote.

The remote could have been dropped, or just failed, or even the batteries could have worn out. Are you sure the new remote batteries are good (not just a new package).. and properly installed? Its easy to get those little batteries in wrong... I've done it. Does the LED light flicker when the buttons are pressed?

I think there is a clearing process for the console memory... I would do that. Then remove the back-up 9 volt and unplug the consoles overnight and then reprogram. If it still doesn't work... I'd try a new/different remote.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 08:29:11 PM »

Have you looked at the information in the X10 wiki?
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Protector_Plus_Wireless_Voice_Dialer_Security_System

It does sound odd that two independent consoles would both fail at the same time.
I would try what Dave suggested. A complete reset and start from scratch.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.