Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alarm time out?  (Read 6490 times)

igolfat8

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Alarm time out?
« on: November 17, 2009, 11:47:44 AM »

Lets say the alarm was tripped, you didn't have it set up to call a phone number, is there a way to have the audible alarm shut off say after 15 minutes or so? We are often not home and in dead zone cell reception areas so I was wondering if the alarm tripped would it remain tripped until we returned home? I could see this aggravating some neighbors if the alarm sirens ran for several hours  :(

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Alarm time out?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:51:05 AM »

If you are referring to the PS561 base, the alarm (and flashing lights) stop after ~ 4 minutes. At that time, the tripped zone LED will remain lit and the PS561 is ready and monitoring your sensors again.

dbasberg

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 01:14:45 PM »

If you are referring to the PS561 base, the alarm (and flashing lights) stop after ~ 4 minutes. At that time, the tripped zone LED will remain lit and the PS561 is ready and monitoring your sensors again.

If the source is an open window, then after 4minutes does that window open  ???keep the alarm sounding?  I suppose so, but it could bypass it?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 02:33:32 PM »

If the source is an open window, then after 4minutes does that window open  ???keep the alarm sounding?  I suppose so, but it could bypass it?
No!
That zone is no longer monitored but does stay lit on the console as stated by Puck!
I recently had a false alarm where one sensor fell off (forgot to screw that one in :-[ )
Alarm reset and that zone stayed lit on the console.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.