Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Video of X10 + BVC + iPhone for Radio Control.  (Read 7625 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Video of X10 + BVC + iPhone for Radio Control.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »

Just depends on what you want.

So if I buy a itouch and download the app I've seen on youtube... do I have to also buy a new interface to control X10? Would it work with my CM15A?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

aslamma

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 05:38:58 PM »

I am not an expert and there are so many approches with different compatiblies.

But girder does work with the cm15a so netremote should as well. I used girder but not netremote so cannot be 100% sure.  I don't know much about promixis' attempt there, but I believe they are working on a "real" iPhone solution, which implies that what they have now is not that great.  But again not sure. They have a board that could help.  I did not find girder to be too impressive so I started looking elsewhere.

Most of them have trial versions so you can give it a shot. Would be curious to see how things pan out.

Homeseer looks good and works with everything you have. I can't seem to hold the connection though.

Mainlobby and cqc look to have solutions soon.  I believe the cqc app is being submitted soon.

Oh yeah. One more app I am following is called irule which is to be out soon.  It is really intended as a remote control but you can use it to send ir to the x10 ir unit, I forget the name.

But homeseer has things like 2 way communication with iTunes so you can see songs and all. Does weather, etc. Way more powerful than just simple on/off stuff.  I found custom ones like hstouch to be pretty amazing.

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »

I did a little practice with net remote and it is some sort of custom app that you design to control girder. It was like a virtual remote on my computer screen must be able to use on a palm or other. I am not good at learning object based software and programming. But girder is supposed to be some linking software that will interlink multiple programs. with all kinds of plugins, for software control would be nice if someone figured out some code to use on AHP.
M M ElectricMan
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.