Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why Can't CM15A Communicate With Some Devices  (Read 3257 times)

rock1250hill

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Why Can't CM15A Communicate With Some Devices
« on: November 28, 2009, 06:12:02 PM »

Greetings ... I have searched and find some similar topics and recommendations; but nothing that seems to fit the following:

Have ActiveHome Pro installed with a CM15A module that replaced a very old X10 HD11A module and was also supposed to replace the peripheral transceiver module(s), REALLY old HD501's (back when IBM did their "fire sale") that were part of the original setup. We are having trouble communicating with two devices as follows:

• If the transceiver is left ON for house code G in ActiveHome Pro, and the original transceiver is in place, then there is a clear conflict between the two transceivers as nothing works from the remote (randomly, sometimes works once, most times not at all).
  • If the transceiver is turned OFF for house code G in ActiveHome Pro, and the original transceiver is in place, then ALL lights work from the remote and the timers also work from the CM15A
  • If we "activate" house code G8 from either the computer or a macro, two of the devices on this address fail to come on.

Thus, it appears that the CM15A transceiver cannot communicate with these two devices. We have tried various things, moving closer with the CM15A, changing the address of the devices ... yet, nothing seems to allow the CM15A a communication path to these devices and we are not at all sure why.  The only module that seems to have reliable communication with these devices is the OLD transceiver that has been in place for the better part of 9 years.

Any hints on this one? It sure is confusing.

Thanks .... B:(

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Why Can't CM15A Communicate With Some Devices
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 06:52:58 PM »

If you put the original transceiver in the outlet the CM15A was in {removed as a test}. Do all the modules respond?

rock1250hill

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 07:09:53 PM »

BrianH .... yes, with the old transceiver in the same plug as th CM15A was in, everything seems to work from the remote.

Thanks ....

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 09:37:17 PM »

Two questions:   1.  I presume you still have the old software that uses the HD11A modules.  2.  Did you use the Lamp Module in AHP with the same address as the HD11A?

I would suggest uninstalling everything and only installing AHP.   I also suspect you are a new purchaser of AHP, so do this before a reinstall of AHP:   Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and look for ahp_updt_204.exe. Save that.   DO NOT INSTALL WHAT YOU RECEIVED IN YOUR ORDER FROM X10. The version X10 sends out with new orders is 3.236, which is a buggy release.)  Install the 3.204 that you saved.  Once it is installed, use the update link in AHP to update to 3.228.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.