🔌General Home Automation > Other Automation Systems

Microsoft's Home of the Future!

(1/2) > >>

stoney:
This is so far on the cutting edge it's almost scary!

If it wasn't real I'd think it to be Hollywood FX.

The future is just a bit around the corner.

House keys obsolete within 10 - 20 years?
I don't use one now!

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/05/13/inside-microsofts-home-of-the-future-video

Brian H:
Microsoft controlling a home.  rofl
I don't trust Microsoft to do anything right.
Last thing I want is them controlling my life.
Wounder how many Service Packs and Security Updates; will be needed to even get close to a fairly BUG resistant home.

Dan Lawrence:
Ain't that the truth!!!!!

Not only endless patches, Service Packs, all of which arrives on Microsoft's time, not the time you want.  B:(

HA Dave:
You guys have got to be kidding me! Where have you been?

The power lines that supply this country (I live in America) are controlled by computers running Microsoft as the Operating System. So are most of the software on the computers at the hospitals. The Department of Defense runs on Microsoft as well. Microsoft has changed the world... while you guys weren't looking.

My house has been run on a XP PC since 2006... using BVC which uses MS speech recognition SAPI-5 for voice control and announcements. I know the Microsoft House is a bit dippy... and old fashion.. but it's a demo.

I know...many in today's world... want to see America and it's powerful corporations put to their knees. Shame on those... who would aid our enemies to destroy our culture.

Dan Lawrence:

--- Quote from: Dave_x10_L on November 28, 2009, 11:07:08 PM ---You guys have got to be kidding me! Where have you been?

The power lines that supply this country (I live in America) are controlled by computers running Microsoft as the Operating System. So are most of the software on the computers at the hospitals. The Department of Defense runs on Microsoft as well. Microsoft has changed the world... while you guys weren't looking.

My house has been run on a XP PC since 2006... using BVC which uses MS speech recognition SAPI-5 for voice control and announcements. I know the Microsoft House is a bit dippy... and old fashion.. but it's a demo.

I know...many in today's world... want to see America and it's powerful corporations put to their knees. Shame on those... who would aid our enemies to destroy our culture.

--- End quote ---

I bet you the IT guys at those places curse Microsoft at every turn.   The problem isn't with the OS, it's Microsoft's attitude on updates (endless) and Service Packs.  They send them out when they want, not when you want, even if you tell them on their site that you want updates at 2:00 AM Saturday morning, they send them out when they feel like it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version