Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Contemplating a Remot X10 install and need help/advice!  (Read 1726 times)

oldchevyluver

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Contemplating a Remot X10 install and need help/advice!
« on: January 24, 2010, 10:04:26 AM »

I have been receiving X10 adds for years and still have not been able to decipher exactly what I need. I recently bought a home in South Daktoa that is being renovated and want to set up at least two cameras so I can not only keep an eye on the property but keep in touch with the overall progress of the house. The kicker is, there is no cable where I bought, I will have to sign up to a satellite company to provide internet capability. I just need to know exactly what is needed to support this.

The other issue is having a computer that reboots if needed (power failure etc) such that someone does not have to go out and set it all back up. The home/property is somewhat isolated and for someone to go out and reboot the system would really be a pain.

The Cameras would have to be powered, no batteries and the distance from the current power source will be over 100' for one camera and yet anohter 2 to 300 feet for another. After reading some of the other posts regarding video capturing, is there also a means to capture to a DVD-RW? I believe they hold much more data than tapes and more reliable. 

Before I jump in and buy a bunch of stuff, I just need some sound direction on the proper components. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chrispy66

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Contemplating a Remot X10 install and need help/advice!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 04:36:27 PM »

As far as the need for auto re-booting, I would consider a UPS backup. There cheap enough nowadays it cost you under a hundred bucks and worth every penny. Your need to record is easy, get a VCR commander and use it along side a low cost DVR that meets the requirements of the commander (I use a DVR776 by AVTECH 9 channel 160gb HDD $200) I can get weeks of clear dependable video evidence. No worries with rebooting too cause it remembers its functions after power loss. Anyways hopefully that helps you. Have a good day friends.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.