Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Registration of products.  (Read 10516 times)

NetStorm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Registration of products.
« on: March 28, 2009, 09:34:41 AM »

OK, so I have all my goodies, installed the software, plugged in  my AHP module, put in the registration codes and nada....... B:(
Emailed tech support, got an answer to check my ports which I did, alas...I have no ports, since I connect to the Internet using a USB modem, that is provided by my cell phone company (in other words, I have a Sim card inserted to a one touch usb modem) I live in Colombia South America, and this is the best way for me to get an Internet connection (due to where I live, there is no broadband, dsl, etc available)
Is there no way to manually input the registration code?
If my products are not registered is it possible to still use the home automation features? (the main reason I purchased)
Help....

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Registration of products.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:08:31 PM »

2 questions.  1.What electrical voltage and frequency does Columbia use?   AHP is designed for the US/Canada specifications of 110 volts, 60HZ.

2. Where did you get AHP and any x10 modules from?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

NetStorm

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:50:03 PM »

2 questions.  1.What electrical voltage and frequency does Columbia use?   AHP is designed for the US/Canada specifications of 110 volts, 60HZ.

2. Where did you get AHP and any x10 modules from?

Colombia uses the same voltage as the US and Canada. you are thinking Europe. And I got AHP and all the modules from X10. (purchased in the US and then brought here.)

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 10:35:31 AM »

Thanks for the information.  If you got the registration codes by e-mail, it may be either a bad code, a flawed install of AHP or a USB port problem.   I presume you are using Windows on the PC, check the Hardware settings in the Control Panel and make sure Windows sees the CM15A (if it does, the key will be X10 USB Active Home (ACPI-Compliant). 

If everything is installed correctly, the codes should have worked.

NetStorm

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »

Thanks for the information.  If you got the registration codes by e-mail, it may be either a bad code, a flawed install of AHP or a USB port problem.   I presume you are using Windows on the PC, check the Hardware settings in the Control Panel and make sure Windows sees the CM15A (if it does, the key will be X10 USB Active Home (ACPI-Compliant). 

I´m sorry, that really is no my problem, my problem, is that since the modem I use, is a USB modem, ehich uses a sim card to dial a number ( I would imagine a server somewhere) I have NO ports that the reg codes can be sent to the x10 reg ser (in other words, muy modem can not talk to the x10 server) so I was wondering if there was a way, to register the product manually, without having to connect to the Internet .
Thanks for the info

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 08:51:11 PM »

I presume your PC has USB ports, or your USB Modem would not work.  You obviously have E-mail or you would not have the registration code.

Did you check the PC's Hardware settings as I posted?   If that key is NOT PRESENT, then the CM15A is not recognized by Windows.  BTW, AHP will not work on a Macintosh.  What kind of PC and the operating system do you have?

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 01:55:53 AM »

I´m sorry, that really is no my problem, my problem, is that since the modem I use, is a USB modem, ehich uses a sim card to dial a number ( I would imagine a server somewhere) I have NO ports that the reg codes can be sent to the x10 reg ser (in other words, muy modem can not talk to the x10 server) so I was wondering if there was a way, to register the product manually, without having to connect to the Internet .
Thanks for the info

Sorry, you must be connected to the internet when registering the software.  If you only have one USB port and need it for the modem, you may still be able to register the software if the CM15A is not connected to the computer.  If it doesn't let you because the CM15A is not connected then you will need a USB hub so you can connect both the modem and CM15A at the same time.

If you connect to the internet and attempt to register and it says your registration codes are not valid, you may need to email X10 support with your order number and complain.  Sometimes they don't get the codes entered into the registration server until you complain.  ;)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

NetStorm

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 08:30:49 AM »

Thanks Bill, the message I get, is "Registration Failure: Could not retrieve registration from server" x10 tells me "Blocked or rerouted ports are behind about ninety-five percent of registration and connection problems." To run a Internet test to check on port 8080 (which the test never completes).
I have allowed ahp in my firewall, allowed it access etc, but still no joy.
I would imagine thatI have no port 8080 because my modem is not a modem per say but a sim card plugged into a usb modem therefore no actual ports like a modem card plugged into a slot in a computer. For example, I did a ip trace, and even though I am in South America, my IP shows to be in some small town in Kansas, routing thru Miami, then to Bogota Colombia.
Will AHP work correctly without being registered with x10?
I am only interested in using the modules for home automation ie lights etc.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »

NetStorm
There were a few users here that ran AHP for several months without registering!
They did experience all kinds of issues but not sure if they were attributed to non registration!
If the registration nag bothers you or you seem to run into issues that can't be solved then you may wish to try the Marmitek version of AHP.
It was created for European modules but does work with the CM15A and North American modules.
It doesn't require registration. I have a link on my site

>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 09:28:02 PM »

Thanks Bill, the message I get, is "Registration Failure: Could not retrieve registration from server" x10 tells me "Blocked or rerouted ports are behind about ninety-five percent of registration and connection problems." To run a Internet test to check on port 8080 (which the test never completes).
I have allowed ahp in my firewall, allowed it access etc, but still no joy.
I would imagine thatI have no port 8080 because my modem is not a modem per say but a sim card plugged into a usb modem therefore no actual ports like a modem card plugged into a slot in a computer. For example, I did a ip trace, and even though I am in South America, my IP shows to be in some small town in Kansas, routing thru Miami, then to Bogota Colombia.
Will AHP work correctly without being registered with x10?
I am only interested in using the modules for home automation ie lights etc.
Any ideas?
Thanks

My bet is that X10 still hasn't entered your information into their registration server.  Email or call X10 support!  What's it going to hurt? 

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 09:34:21 PM »

My bet is that X10 still hasn't entered your information into their registration server.  Email or call X10 support!  What's it going to hurt? 

>!
That wouldn't be the first time for that, nor the last either!  rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ks1

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 06:15:10 PM »

After getting no ware with X10 Support, Hour on the phone, I finial solved my problem My self..
I tired calling them back to tell them what the problem was , lot good that was they had no ideas what i was talking about.
so much for trying to help. Seeing as X10 Support Dose not Care about there Support.

Thought i would post it so you can help your self'

If you are experiencing Registration Failure: With ACTIVE Home Pro or ACTIVE Home Pro plug-ins

#1 Make sure Ports 8080 8888 and 443 are forwarded if you are using a DSL Router or Router

#2 Make sure Firewall is off

#3 If You are experiencing Instant display of >> Registration Failure: Could not retrieve registration from server
Make sure Host file contains no x10 entries redirecting 127,0,0,0

1 out of 3 windows computers has installed spy ware protection programs on them at one time or a another that has altered the Host File.....

It may also cause >> Registration Failure: Could not retrieve registration from server

See This article about Host file in windows http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file  Make Sure To Note The Section  "Other uses" "Internet resources blocking"

See How to check and edit WINDOWS HOST FILE Here http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hostsfaq.htm#Editor

Remove any lines in Host file referring to X10

If using NOTEPAD be sure to check to make sure it is saved with no .txt extension, name just "HOST"

K. S.

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 08:10:51 PM »

^^

Holy Molly!

I never would have figured that ks1.

Thanks for posting.  Whew!  I hope it's not going to be a complicated and frustrating exercise for me.

I haven't taken the plunge yet but will this week.

Finalizing the list now and answering a few more questions by combing through the forum threads.

r,
eagle

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.