Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: E5 on causes C6 off??  (Read 14776 times)

murphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: E5 on causes C6 off??
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 08:05:05 PM »

Are you aware that an X10 motion sensor uses two addresses.  The first address is for motion (C5),  The second is a day/night sensor (C6).  When you turn the light on, the day/night sensor sees the light, assumes the sun has come up and sends C6 off to turn off the lights.

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 08:24:59 PM »

Are you aware that an X10 motion sensor uses two addresses.  The first address is for motion (C5),  The second is a day/night sensor (C6).  When you turn the light on, the day/night sensor sees the light, assumes the sun has come up and sends C6 off to turn off the lights.

Does this apply to the ActiveEye Motion Sensor?

murphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 08:39:36 PM »

Does this apply to the ActiveEye Motion Sensor?
Yes.  Read the installation instructions.  The day night sensor can be disabled.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 12:45:01 PM »

That's where I was going.
I suspect that when the light in the shop (E5) comes on, the day/night sensor of the C5 motion detector (C6) says "hey! it is daytime, time to turn off", and sends a "C6 Off" command. The reverse happens when the light in the whop goes off ("C6 on" is sent).

I guess either disable the day/night function of that motion sensor, or pick a different address to use for it, as well as the other motion sensor.

--Noam

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 11:52:15 AM »

boy am I dumb!  this may well be it!  I even USE that feature at the house next door so know about it!  BTW, just bought and replaced my smarthome 220v repeater thing with JV XTB repeater thing and now I can turn on and off A1 (alarm light/transmitter) in that house next door from my house!  1/2 mile away and thru 2 different 220v->7200V xfmrs feeding each house!  Is that cool or what?

I will try to find time to turn off the day/night thing and see if I'm fixed.  THANKS!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 01:42:40 PM »

just bought and replaced my smarthome 220v repeater thing with JV XTB repeater thing and now I can turn on and off A1 (alarm light/transmitter) in that house next door from my house!  1/2 mile away and thru 2 different 220v->7200V xfmrs feeding each house!  Is that cool or what?

Through two pole xformers?! WOW!!!  I didn't know that was possible. I knew the XTBIIR was a blowtorch of a repeater, but did not realize it was nuclear powered.   rofl

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 03:24:01 PM »

Ah...  I can see it now.  A whole neighborhood of homes with lights flashing on and off when any security alarm goes off.   rofl

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 05:26:09 PM »

I can see an army of lawyers descending on his house, each with a cease order and and several lawsuits.   ::)
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

mike

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 02:46:52 PM »

OK I removed batteries from C5 and the phantom C6 RF send stopped;  thank you to Noam for helping me find this!

I am using Eagle Eye MS14's......  these have the code+1 day/night output.  Unlike the MS15/16's that can be programmed to turn this day/nite function off, the MS13/14 instruction sheets do not say this is an option.

Does anyone know if the day/nite on CODE+1 can be disabled in the MS14 eagle eye?

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 03:16:14 PM »

Does anyone know if the day/nite on CODE+1 can be disabled in the MS14 eagle eye?
Yes, Open the xxxeye and wrap a piece of black electrical tape around the Csd light sensor. The Csd cell is positioned next to the PIR IC which is the small round metal "can" IC with a window in the top. The PIR IC and the Csd cell are positioned in center of PC board so the both see out the motion sensors window. The Csd cell will have a squiggly line visable to the light. Cover it completely with the tape.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 04:56:37 PM by dave w »

mike

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 03:45:12 PM »

dah!  man am I not thinking!  what a nice 'fix!  THANKS!

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 04:58:10 PM »

Yeah, it's one of those forest/trees thing, although a lot of users do not like taking things apart...me on the other hand... :'

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 07:15:32 PM »

Long time forum members probably know I am a hardware type.

I sometimes actually buy something with the intention of taking it apart and seeing how it works. While most would say a 1/2 bright LM465 was bad and want a replacement. I took mine apart to see what was wrong with it. :)%

I got a great deal on a few ZWave units just to see how they work. Though my X10 and Insteon setup is not in jeopardy.  ;D

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 12:15:32 PM »

I sometimes actually buy something with the intention of taking it apart and seeing how it works.
This falls into the "Hey! Thats worth a buck!" catagory.

This weekend at the "Dollar Store" I found small Sylvania "LED Closet Light". A matchbook sized, button battery powered, magnet activated,  closet/drawer light with mating magnet assembly. 

"How cool! Toy value alone is worth a buck!" I said out loud, causing people to move away.

Anywho, you double side tape the light to the door frame and tape the magnet to the door. Open the door and the tiny light comes ON. Where else can you find a magnetic reed switch for a mere $1?? Too bad the three button cells won't fit in a Slim Line switch, that would have been a really giant score.  :)%
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.