Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Camera System behaving erratically  (Read 12390 times)

Drifter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Camera System behaving erratically
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 03:59:03 PM »

Well unfortunately it didn't completely solve the problem. It is definitely better, as in it's not happening as frequently, however, it still does happen. One other thing I may have neglected to mention that may have some relevance is that when motion is detected and the VCR starts recording it very seldom will run thru the normal cycle of recording and then stopping and still have an image on the monitor. What normally happens is that it will start recording then during the recording time the camera will turn off. Sometimes it will come back on on its own. Other times unless I am am there it will continue to record static then will stop recording and the monitor will continue to show static until motion is detected again and then the camera will turn back on. I almost think I should set up the system again, resynchronize the motion sensors and the VCR commander with each other. It's strange though that it has been set up and functioning normally for the last 3 months and then for no reason I can figure out it started doing this.

Drifter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Camera System behaving erratically
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 02:52:17 PM »

Well I finally figured out what the problem is. There isn't one, the problem is my mind. My misinterpretation of the motion sensor instructions led to my misunderstanding. When I read that after motion is detected by the sensor an on command is sent to start recording after the motion sensor delay time is reached an off signal is sent. I thought the off signal was a signal to stop recording. This is not the case it's an off signal to that camera. The VCR commander has a default time of 5 minutes recording. I can change the time frame which the motion sensor sends the off signal but it will at some point thereby turning that camera off. While I would think it would be more effective if it sent only a signal to stop recording I understand that it can't because on multiple camera systems in needs to be able to switch to another camera to record from if necessary. The guy at X10 did say though that when I start using the software that I have I can avoid this by setting the unit codes on the motion sensors to ones that are different than the cameras unit codes. My fault for not comprehending the instructions correctly. Once the after Christmas sales start I'm going to get a new laptop to use for the software and cameras and then this problem I'm having will be no more. Thanks for all your help.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.