Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Automation Software Problems - CM15A  (Read 12396 times)

StewartsvilleAutomation

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 Automation Software Problems - CM15A
« on: December 15, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »

I just found this forum so this is my first posting...

I have been using X-10 home automation products for about 15 years now and the CM15A for about 3 years and it drives me crazy. I am not sure if I have a bad controller.

I have been using very basic macros for the last 2 years and they worked okay. Every now and then I would loose all of my timers - memory leak??? I fix this by connecting the controller to the PC and clear the interface and reload the hardware configuration. Another telltale indicator I have a problem is that the the battery indicator is red and there are zero hours left - and there has not been any power outages to cause this.

I recently tried several new macros using flags and they worked fine while I was connected to the computer. I then tried conditional statements and then my problems began. Nothing worked. So I went back to the simple loop macros with flags and they worked again and also worked when disconnected from PC --- for a day! Then nothing worked and I had the dreaded dead battery counter. My reset fixed all the timers but now can I no longer trigger any of my macros using a 4 position light switch mini-controller. Using the activity monitor I see the buttons depressed and get the correct IDs but none of the macro's trigger as they are configured to do (either connected to the PC or not). The only way I can get them to trigger now is if I press the trigger button using the software interface???

Has anybody seen this and has a fix??

Thank you.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: X10 Automation Software Problems - CM15A
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 08:17:10 PM »

What version of AHP are you using?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

StewartsvilleAutomation

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:14:44 PM »

Version 3.236

checked for updates and indicates I have the latest.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 08:27:25 PM »

3.236 is a BUGGY release of AHP. It causes timers and macros to run improperly. To eliminate those problems, go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and look for ahp_updt_204.exe. Save that and install it over 3.236.  It will not affect timers or macros you have.  Once it is installed, open AHP and use the update link to update to 3.228, the last good release of AHP. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

StewartsvilleAutomation

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 09:38:45 PM »

Thanks for the link - saw other postings about this version but could not see how to get older versions.

StewartsvilleAutomation

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 10:13:04 PM »

Okay - downgraded software and reconnected CM15A. CLeared interface and reloaded all timers and macros. All macros now appear to work - will give it a couple days before convinced; so far so good!

Thanks again!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.