Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ocelot  (Read 11736 times)

GregH

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Ocelot
« on: December 17, 2009, 02:22:13 PM »

Jeff,
I know you have an Ocelot.  How do you like it?  How is the reliability?
I'm still having sporadic timer/macro issues with the CM15A and am wondering if it's time to move to a "grown-up" controller.  My needs are simple but I want reliability.  Tell me about your Ocelot.

Thanks,
Greg

P.S.  I used my XTBM and found an old surge suppressor was putting significant noise onto the line.  I unplugged the surge suppressor and the noise disappeared.  Thank you, XTBM.  However, the timer issue continues. B:(

(Example: I have several timers scheduled On at 2000 and off at 2230.  I changed some of the times and loaded them into the CM15A.  Sometimes I've noticed it takes a 24-hour cycle for the new program to "catch".  I'm having such a situation now.  It's not always this way but it does happen often.  Regardless, I'm tired of dealing with whether it's AHP or the CM15A.)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Ocelot
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »

You might also consider just bumping up to better software. Homeseer 2 is a great product that is rock solid. It can use the CM15A, CM11A, ACT TI120, Oscelot, etc. etc.  as interfaces. Also does Z-Wave if you decide you want to upgrade to a hugely more expensive system.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

GregH

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:46:04 PM »

Thanks, Dave, I'll check it out.

JeffVolp

• Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »

Sorry for the slow response.  We were away for a week on a rare vacation.  I had to use up the last of my frequent flier miles before they expired in January.

The Ocelot is an extremely reliable controller.  It takes some time to learn how to program the ladder logic, but with additional modules it allows you to measure and control analog parameters.

The one thing to consider about the Ocelot is that it is a pretty old design.  I bought mine 7 or 8 years ago.  However, I think it is still a good choice in that price range.  There have been rumors that ADI is developing a new unit that supports other protocols, but that has not yet materialized.

Other high-end controllers to consider are the HomeVision and Stargate.  They are both much more elaborate units than the Ocelot.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

GregH

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 09:41:13 PM »

Thanks, Jeff.  We've just returned from Christmas vacation ourselves.
I have noticed that the Ocelot is old, I'll check the other options which you mentioned.  If I could find an Ocelot cheap I may give it a go.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.