Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: [AHP ADD-ON] BlueWatch (Control via BlueTooth or WIFI Detection)  (Read 306565 times)

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: [AHP ADD-ON] BlueWatch (Control via BlueTooth or WIFI Detection)
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2010, 05:25:41 PM »

Tuicemen,

Thanks for all the hard work to get me going and implement my suggestions.  I just thought that the color change thing would be useful as a way to see the status at a quick glance.  The small box should work too.  I don't think that you need to get rid of the info screen.

Anyways, thanks again.

Dan
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2010, 02:08:22 PM »

Tuicemen,

Thanks for all the hard work to get me going and implement my suggestions.  I just thought that the color change thing would be useful as a way to see the status at a quick glance.  The small box should work too.  I don't think that you need to get rid of the info screen.

Anyways, thanks again.

Dan
Thank you for bringing the strange BlueWatch behaviour to my attention!

New Version now on Server!
Finnaly stopped thinking of things to add to BlueWatch(for now) and had a chance to do a good test run! ::) :'
Version 0.0.6.0 has some much awaited adds:
  • Fixed mp3 typo in watched device sound option set up.
  • Added catch to fixed multiple X10 sends for seen devices.
  • Added mp3 play option to lost device.
  • Added x10 last seen signal notification.
  • Added x10 triggering.
  • Added device status to notification icon ( a mouse hover will display if BlueWatch sees a device lost).
  • Added Download button (downloads curent version to BlueWatch root folder).
  • Added new Splash screen.
  • Added color notification box beside watched items (turns dark blue when device found).
  • Added color to device status screen and made text bold for easier viewing.
  • Added Pause notification for when BlueWatch is Paused in program and as text on the system tray icon.
Now what we need is info on how users are using it, and tips to improve its performance! ;)
That, most likely will open the door for more adds!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2010, 03:14:54 PM »

New Version now on Server!
..... Now what we need is info on how users are using it, and tips to improve its performance!

No tips on how to improve BlueWatch from me. I am tickled PINK with it.

I have had a Voice Warning Perimeter Detection system for some time. PR511 X10 Floodlight sensors monitor the area around my home. But, because our normal lifestyle involves using our outside decks, gardens, and yard... this detection system could only work at night. But now with BlueWatch (and a little other stuff) I have complete Occupancy Sensing. So my smart macros know if we aren't home... and can respond to triggers based on our occupancy as a condition. More simply said: If we aren't home my computer voice warns visitors that they are video monitored (and they are). But if we are home.... the cameras and the warnings remain quite and allow us to enjoy our outside areas. That makes for BIG in WAF.

I recently wrote new macros for my upgraded Automated Chair... and added in [as a macro condition] my being home. My being home is a ghost module turned On by BlueWatch. It then dawned on me to add a macro: That if I wasn't home and someone sat in my easychair (the same automated chair) my Kate [computer] Voice would remind them that chair was "Dave's". I thought that was cute humor the grandkids might enjoy.

It wasn't until one evening when the wife and I returned home... and I sat in my chair... only to be reminded that the chair belonged to me... that I realized I had forgot my phone in the wife's car. A nice reminder. I now know if my phone was to lose it's charge... I would be reminded then... as well.

I also have a lighting macro based on occupancy. If we aren't home... wether previously planned or not... certain lights will come on.. causing the home to look lived in. If one of us is at home... we retain our manual control.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2010, 04:29:28 PM »

Oops!  :-[
Sorry to those using the dual detect option.
Some how Murphy got into my machine and messed up that function. rofl
More like I deleted a character or 2 while cleaning up the code  B:(  :-[
In any case I was able to correct the issue and a new version is on the server (0.0.6.1)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2010, 09:18:17 PM »

Tuicemen donation sent, cant wait to play with it....

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2010, 08:01:06 AM »

Tuicemen donation sent, cant wait to play with it....
Thanks, information was e-mailed to you this morning.

Seems I made another blunder :-[
I removed the new code for showing the watched device as disconnected (Main screen) when I fixed the Dual loss issue, :-[
Never noticed that until my BlackBerry shut down for the night. ::) :'
A new version 0.0.6.2 with that code replaced is now on the server! :-[
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2010, 07:00:09 PM »

Is anyone using these Lilliputian Bluetooth dongles? I am wonder about range. I would like to detect BT phone from at least 20 feet.

Many bluetooth dongles say that their range is 10 meters.  This equates to ~30 feet.  I looked at the ad for this one and it says 10-20m in open space.  I would think that if you put this at the end of a USB extension that you should be able to get at least to the 10 meter mark.  Many of these ads for things that describe these higher ranges are usually in extreme cases with the best case scenarios for conditions.  You will definitely do the best by getting this thing in the air as much as possible.

Hope that helps.

Dan B.
Dan Bemowski

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2010, 07:33:18 PM »

Minor thread diversion, please forgive.

Is anyone using these Lilliputian Bluetooth dongles? I am wonder about range. I would like to detect BT phone from at least 20 feet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINI-USB-2-0-BLUETOOTH-V2-0-EDR-DONGLE-WIRELESS-ADAPTER_W0QQitemZ190372986821QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c531d3fc5

Thanks!!
I have one of these tiny dongles on each PC! Got 5 of them from extreamdeals for dirt cheep about $1.50 each they work well in my setup though once my device is 2 floors away detection is poor even with dual loss enabled.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2010, 08:04:14 PM »

dbemowsk   I easily get 20 feet but you could always do an antenna mod   there are more detailed posts on the net.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2010, 08:09:51 PM »

Tuicemen, I have already done an antenna mod on mine.  I don't know how easy an antenna mod would be to do on one of these little things that dave w is talking about that are about the size of your fingernail.  I just figured that for one of these it may be best to just put it on a USB extension and get it up in the air to get the max range out of it with no mod.

Dan
Dan Bemowski

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »

Ya can't imagine doing the antenna mod on mine. Dave_x10_L did the usb extention thingy with good results.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2010, 11:16:36 PM »

Dave_x10_L did the usb extention thingy with good results.

My HA PC is in my basement office... I used a 10 USB extension to get the dongle up near the ceiling... and more center to the home. It helped my setup a LOT.

I found this YouTube Video modifying a dongle that looks a lot like mine (its a two part video). I got me a couple new dongles at geeks.com to use for the mod.... but haven't done one yet.

The mod looks really simple. Of course it does require soldering and I do realize that not everyone solders. But the "tools" (a soldering iron) are cheap... and the "skill" required can be learned on-line in a few minutes (< link is a 4 minute 47 second YouTube Video). So even though I don't actually need to do the mod.... I am looking forward to doing it... for the fun of it.

mkgriff

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2010, 12:14:13 AM »

I don't know if this is going to help or hinder but here goes.  I picked this one up on eBay, thought it would be a little better for distance having the antenna...  I really don't know much about these things but I do know if you have an external antenna it should receive better and transmit better (in theory).  Of course it's probably a no gain antenna.  Anyway I haven't gotten it yet but when I do I'll let you know.  By the way my plan is to use a universal module to turn on and off my USB microphone.  This way it will not be on when I'm not around hindering other people trying to watch TV, BVC seems to want to talk to every one at times.  I still think it's the best thing since sliced bread though. #:)
BVC & AHP mean never having to say "TURN THAT LIGHT ON WHEN YOU GO BY"

HA Dave

« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2010, 10:30:32 AM »

.... By the way my plan is to use a universal module to turn on and off my USB microphone.  This way it will not be on when I'm not around hindering other people trying to watch TV, BVC seems to want to talk to every one at times.  I still think it's the best thing since sliced bread though.

I run a really old HA PC... and more often than not my (Baby Monitor) microphone is also turned off (makes my old PC work less). If your USB microphone will work off a powered USB hub... you might be able to switch it on/off using one of the newer three prong CFL friendly appliance modules. If the appliance module can turn off the hub... I think it would also turn off the mic.

Any problem would be if the USB hub uses so little power that enough of it sneeks (leaks) past the appliance module. I think the newer CFL friendly modules fixes that problem. If not the old school way that problem was avoided/resolved was by plugging an adapter into the appliance module that would allow for more than one plug-in device. Then plugging in the low draw device... as well as.. a small wattage (5 or 7 watt) nightlight. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:55:16 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.