Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can AHP Record from Multiple Cameras Simultaneously?  (Read 8451 times)

vroscigno

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can AHP Record from Multiple Cameras Simultaneously?
« on: December 21, 2009, 12:55:46 AM »

Hello All, I am new to AHP and X10... First off, I want to say what a great resource these forum are for new and experienced X10 users alike. Hopefully after I get my system operational, I will have something useful to add...

However, I have searched in vain but did not find my issue addressed in the forums... I am setting up a security monitoring system where I have motion sensors and cameras in multiple rooms (2 for now) and I want to record video from both cameras as long as motion is detected by any of the indoor motion sensors. I have the macros and logic all worked out, but I am only getting recorded video from the last camera that I turn on.

Is there any way to record video from multiple cameras, or do I need to redesign my macros to only record video from one camera at a time?

Also, does anyone have an explanation for the folder and file names used for recorded video?

Thanks in advance for those that are able to help.

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
Re: Can AHP Record from Multiple Cameras Simultaneously?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 05:36:44 AM »

Well you should receive allot of help on this one.  But since I am here my 2 cents is, if you haven't try setting up the address for the cameras more than 4 addresses apart. I have seen when they are in groups of four they shut each other off, a reason that I am not sure. As I do not use cameras yet!
M M ElectricMan

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Can AHP Record from Multiple Cameras Simultaneously?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 06:00:10 AM »

Only one wireless camera can be on at a time. More than one on will interferer with each other.
Some added data on cameras and motion sensors.

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Motion_Sensors_with_a_Camera_System

One thing to remember is motion sensors have a dusk dawn feature sending a on and off to the next highest X10 address above its motion address. That can cause cameras to switch at dusk and dawn.
As mentioned. Camera power supplies work in groups of four Unit Codes same House Code. 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. Turn one on the other three go off with out the need to turn it off.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.