Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: timer wont turn on lamp but will turn off  (Read 2686 times)

coasterdude

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
timer wont turn on lamp but will turn off
« on: December 09, 2009, 06:40:34 PM »

I am wanting to use a timer to turn on my outside lights at dusk and turn them off a couple hrs later. I have tried all kinds of settings, even exact times but the lights wont come on. They work with Activehome as well as the palmpad remote control. All my other timers for other lights work just fine. As a side note, they will go off with the timer if I manually turn them on. I have even tried changing the device address. Really has be confused since it works fine in Activehome, just not the timer in activehome - any suggestions?  B:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: timer wont turn on lamp but will turn off
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 08:42:29 PM »

What version of AHP are you running?
3.236 has issues with timers!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

coasterdude

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:36:26 PM »

I am running that version! When I do check for updates, it says it's at the latest. How do I get a newer version?

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 01:08:30 AM »

Coaster,

I just learned about this recently also with the help of the helpful members/experts here.

Here's a link to the thread on this matter:

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=16538.90

Essentially, it is recommended that one retrograde to Ver 3.228 vs. the current 3.236 which has issues with the VA12A and with timers.  The link has info there on how to revert to 3.228.

r,
eagle

berrin

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 07:37:19 PM »

I'm having a related problem, but it seemed to start after I deleted macros. I have done the "retrograde" to the theoretically working version, cleared the AHP controller by software and removing power for several hours. Still, the one unit will not turn on. Will turn off via timer, but not on. I've changed the number, swapped out switches, etc.  The unit with the macro is the only switch/number affected. My son is having the same problem with his system after deleting macros. Any help with this one?  Thanks in advance.

I am wanting to use a timer to turn on my outside lights at dusk and turn them off a couple hrs later. I have tried all kinds of settings, even exact times but the lights wont come on. They work with Activehome as well as the palmpad remote control. All my other timers for other lights work just fine. As a side note, they will go off with the timer if I manually turn them on. I have even tried changing the device address. Really has be confused since it works fine in Activehome, just not the timer in activehome - any suggestions?  B:(

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 08:37:41 PM »

Please! Please! Please!!!!

Before reverting the AHP version for a timer that will turn off, but not on,  try selecting the "issue on instead of bright 100%" option.

2.236 has been working fine on my setup (which I assure you is VERY complicated) since it's release.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.