Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interface Time  (Read 4806 times)

bytemon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Interface Time
« on: December 18, 2009, 09:47:37 AM »

My CM15A has been working well (stand alone) for several years - I normally have trouble when DST changes, but looks like everyone is having that problem.  I basically have just two macros - one to turn on the lights (staggered) at sundown, and another to turn them off around 11 PM.

Recently the "turn off" macro fired an hour early.  So I thought maybe the time (in the CM15A) got screwed up.  So I connected the CM15A to my computer and tried to find an option to determine what exactly is stored in the interface.

I find the File / Reports / Status report - that seems to tell me the interface time.  But I find nothing to tell be what macros / timers are really stored in the interface.  The File / Report / General and Macro reports simply report on the screen current settings - not what is actually stored in the interface.  Is there a report that I'm missing that would report on everything stored in the interface?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Interface Time
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 11:58:32 PM »

Check your Macros.  Either they are run from the interface or from the Computer.  Run from the interface means uploaded to the CM15A.  Run from the Computer means the PC must be running to trigger the Macro.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

bytemon

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 10:29:25 AM »

My original topic should have more appropriately been named "what's in the interface".

Yes, all macros, timers are marked "store in interface".

My question comes down to how / where do you get a report of what (macros, timers, etc.) is stored in the interface? 

I repeat from my original post - I find the File / Reports / Status report - that seems to tell me the interface time and the dawn / dusk schedule.  But I find nothing to tell be what macros / timers are actually stored in the interface.  The File / Report / General and Macro reports simply report on the screen current settings - not what is actually stored in the interface???

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 01:55:09 PM »

It would apprear that the info you seek is unavailable..  We must trust that the info we tell to load is actually there. 
M M ElectricMan

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 02:05:46 PM »

I'm not on my HA computer right now.

I've never tried it but have you tried directly accessing the CM15A via Windows Explorer/My Computer?

r,
eagle

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 03:38:53 PM »

I believe that once you download your info to the interface then that's where it is. It's a one way process for downloading - you can send the stuff to the interface but you cannot call it back afterwards.
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 06:55:14 PM »

You are correct.  Once you upload timers/macros to the CM15A, the ONLY way to see them is in AHP, under rooms and Macros in the Macro Generator.   

bytemon

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 10:13:44 AM »

We must trust that the info we tell to load is actually there

That's my problem - I don't trust!  A macro is running when it shouldn't.  It would be nice to be able to troubleshoot by actually "seeing" what is in the interface, but it doesn't appear this is possible.  One would think maybe that "Download Timers and Macros" might do it, but this option is apparently mistitled.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 10:39:16 AM »

One would think maybe that "Download Timers and Macros" might do it, but this option is apparently mistitled.

Sorry to burst your bubble, bytemon.  Download to me would indicate a flow of data from a larger source to a smaller source.  CM15 to host computer would be an upload.

The "Purge Running Macros" option is the only shot in the dark we have, when we suspect an errant running macro.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

bytemon

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 11:00:20 AM »

Sorry to burst your bubble, bytemon.  Download to me would indicate a flow of data from a larger source to a smaller source.  CM15 to host computer would be an upload.

Interesting - I wonder what I'd be doing if I "received" a flow data from another source which was the exact same size as mine - would I be "noloading"?  I guess it holds true that size does matter!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »

It's the way AHP and the CM15A were developed.  Once you download it to the CM15A, there is no way to get it back.  Even if you could, it would be a mass of zeros and ones.

If you have a buggy macro, the best thing to do is delete it and start over from scratch.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 01:11:39 PM »

Also a good reason to archive your settings on a separate device. In case the computer with AHP on it crashes.

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 07:17:12 PM »

Download and Upload are almost as confusing as normally open and normally closed. The definition changes depending on which way up you're sitting.

I much prefer less confusing terminology that's much more long-winded. i.e. send data to CM15A.

Garmin GPS software many moons ago changed its terminology from download/upload to "send to GPS / receive from GPS" because some people were complaining that the GPS was kept above their computer so they wanted to upload to the GPS, whislt others complained that they stored their GPS below their computer so they wanted to download to the GPS.

Strange how simplifying something can be so confusing.
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »

Download and Upload are almost as confusing as normally open and normally closed. The definition changes depending on which way up you're sitting.

Because my CM15A is in the basement with my HA PC.. I hang the interface on the ceiling. So when I change the AHX file... I download it up.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

stoney

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 06:33:26 PM »

The terms Download and Upload are strictly DIRECTIONAL in nature and in meaning.

Size of the computational equipment does NOT matter.

IF one is getting / receiving a file from another source THEN one is DOWNLOADING.

IF one is sending a file(s) to another location/person then one is UPLOADING.

When you post on this or other forums, you are UPLOADING your information / file.

It all comes down to whether you are the giver or receiver!

Of course,,,an elevator operator performs MANY uploads and downloads every day! :D ;D -:) :'

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.