Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Activity Monitor Hangs ActiveHome Pro 3.240  (Read 3161 times)

einstein-a-go-go

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Activity Monitor Hangs ActiveHome Pro 3.240
« on: December 29, 2009, 11:34:03 AM »

I've noticed that you must have ActiveHome Pro running for it to log in the Activity Monitor.

But whenever I open the Activity Monitor now, it hangs, both the Activity Monitor and ActiveHome Pro applications.

Where are the Activity Monitor events stored?

because if I install on another PC Activity Monitor works, but shows no events because they've not happend! But the other PC doesn't open Acvtivity Monitor?

e

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Activity Monitor Hangs ActiveHome Pro 3.240
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 04:22:14 PM »

It has been a while since I played with the European version of AHP. ::) :'
The most likely reason for your AHP locking up when you try to open your Activity monitor is:
Log\file size is too large
This was an old bug in the North American version that may have been imported by the Euro version! :(
Go into Tools/Preferences and scroll down to Event History Length (#of events) and change the value
A 1000 works well for me.
If you really need to log for extended periods consider using a Thirdparty software that will log to a dated text file.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

einstein-a-go-go

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »

It has been a while since I played with the European version of AHP. ::) :'
The most likely reason for your AHP locking up when you try to open your Activity monitor is:
Log\file size is too large
This was an old bug in the North American version that may have been imported by the Euro version! :(
Go into Tools/Preferences and scroll down to Event History Length (#of events) and change the value
A 1000 works well for me.
If you really need to log for extended periods consider using a Thirdparty software that will log to a dated text file.
 >!

tried that, it still crashes.

where are the logs stored, in the interface?

and how would you use a third party piece of software?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 09:04:03 AM »

I had thought it was in  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Active Home Professional. ::)
I'm not sure if it would be in the same location as the North American version and it would also depend on what version of Windows your running!
Perhaps someone else will chime in with the location for each Windows version.
There are many of these and lots of them listed on the forum in the thirdparty add-on & software section.
Many of these don't even need AHP to be running however they won't pull history from AHP.
It would depend on what added functions you'd like to add to AHP as to how you would use it! ;)
Have you attempted to clear the AHP history? ???
It is possible you have a corrupt ahx file. Have you tried loading a new ahx file or a backup? ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

einstein-a-go-go

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 09:31:29 AM »

I had thought it was in  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Active Home Professional. ::)
I'm not sure if it would be in the same location as the North American version and it would also depend on what version of Windows your running!
Perhaps someone else will chime in with the location for each Windows version.
There are many of these and lots of them listed on the forum in the thirdparty add-on & software section.
Many of these don't even need AHP to be running however they won't pull history from AHP.
It would depend on what added functions you'd like to add to AHP as to how you would use it! ;)
Have you attempted to clear the AHP history? ???
It is possible you have a corrupt ahx file. Have you tried loading a new ahx file or a backup? ???

I've looked in that location and deleted the files, that were present, and it still occurs.

yes, I've tried creating a new ahx file, and the same occurs, I've also tried clearing the history etc

which puzzles me where the history is stored! I've also run filemon and regmon and cannot see any access to other files!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:37:02 AM by einstein-a-go-go »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.