Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I "select/activate" camera number 1?  (Read 6136 times)

roschler

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How do I "select/activate" camera number 1?
« on: December 30, 2009, 11:00:49 AM »

I have my application running which moves a Ninja turret via the SendAction() command.  I am having one big problem though which is "selecting" camera 1.  Until I hit the button labeled C1 on the Ninja remote control, none of the commands I send to the Ninja do anything.  Also, if I hit any of the other buttons on the remote [C2, C3, C4], the camera stops responding again.  I need to send the same "select camera 1" command the remote control is sending, but through the SDK.  I looked over the RF command frequency reference and did not see anything that seemed to do that. 

How can I "select/activate" a particular camera?

Thanks.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: How do I "select/activate" camera number 1?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 12:40:36 PM »

What you are seeing is normal for the Ninja Base.
They work in groups of four. Same House Code and Units 1-4,5-8,9-12 and 13-16.
Turn any one on it the group and the other three go off with out the needed for a off command to them.
That is why  C2,C3 or C4 turns off the C1 camera.

The Ninja a power line signal to turn the addressable power supplies on and off and RF commands to pan and tilt.
Your Ninja remote is sending an RF command to a transceiver that is turning C1 on by power line. Then the RF from the remote will pan and tilt.

I don't use the AHP SDK so I don't have any added data.

roschler

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: How do I "select/activate" camera number 1?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 03:32:14 PM »

Thanks, that did it.  I tried C2-C4 on the camera remote and sure enough, the other lamp modules I have on A2-A4 turned on.  I didn't know that's how the camera remote worked so I'll be moving the camera out of the "A 1-4" group to leave the other lamp modules in peace.

UPDATE: For now I'm moving the Camera to a different house code than the other X10 modules I have.  I can't figure out how you would put a camera in a group other than 1-4 since I can't see in the manual how you tell the remote control to send commands that target the higher numbered groups, specifically, 5-8, 9-12, and 13-16.  Do you know how this is done?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 03:49:12 PM by roschler »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.