Poll

Are Smart Macros User Freindly enough?

Yes
- 5 (31.3%)
No
- 3 (18.8%)
Could use upgrading for the average Non Programmer
- 1 (6.3%)
Program should come with a Help option to explain what a Flag and else is, and how they are used.
- 0 (0%)
Both C and D
- 7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Setting up 4 cameras to record video using Macros?  (Read 28068 times)

geeforce

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Setting up 4 cameras to record video using Macros?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 11:39:03 PM »

Thank you hawk for the info. I'm going to try this tonight. I't shouldn't be a problem with step by step instructions with pics no less. The other post were right. If you guys aren't on the payroll you should be. I found this link in the data base that may help others to understand fags. http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/What_Are_Flags%3F. i tried the program at the bottom for my camera, but couldn't get it just right. It would continue to record after the last activation even with a delay, but the software didn't crash. And the video would have no file size. Perhaps this will sovle those problems. Maybe others will get a understanding of flags when they work with these instructions. Thanks again Hawk i'll let you know how i turn out.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 09:22:16 AM »

Your Welcome!   ;D   after you get it setup you might have to tweak it a little but hopefully get the idea.  Good Luck!   >!
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

geeforce

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 11:50:31 PM »

Hello Hawk i tried to follow it but still could not get it to work.  B:(  I think my problem is in the actual setup. I came close to having it work. It would switch from camera to camera and record without crashing and it would stop right on time. It would work perfectly. The only problem was it said it was recording, but i had no video in files (empty files). I'll give you and example of how i've been setting it up. Maybe you can point out my flaws. I have 2 cameras and 2 motion detectors. In my bedroom: camera B2 and motion detector B2. On my porch: camera B1 along with motion detector B1. Camera is in my bedroom because all my equipment is in here. I work at night and no one is home.

Phantom on:                                                    Phantom off:
condition: If flag 1 or 2 on                                  condition: If flag 1 and 2 off
start recording                                                  stop recording.
delay: 1 min.

Bedroom cam B2 on:                                          Bedroom cam B2 off:
set flag 2  (not a condition)                                 Turn off phantom
Turn off porch cam B1                                         Clear flag 2               
Turn on phantom

Porch cam B1 on                                   Bedroom cam B1 off
set flag 1 (not a condition)                     Turn off phantom
Turn bedroom cam off                            Clear flag 1
Turn on phantom

Thanks to you and the forum i think i'm almost there.

geeforce

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 12:08:07 AM »

1 more thing. I added a delay of 1 min before the turn off phantom to both the porch cam off and bedroom cam off, because recording just turned on and off. The 1 beside porch cam B1 on is a typo. Should say porch cam off. Thanks again.

hawk1

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 12:48:16 AM »

What unit and house code are you using for your phantom switches?  I also think you only need one flag.  Did you download the 3 files in my above post?  If you did does your macros match the ones in the attachment?  I don't have much time tonight, but if you post the answers to my questions I will try to get back to you tomorrow.

geeforce

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 06:12:24 AM »

Thanks Hawk. I'm using P1 for the Phantom. I also located it in the kitchen so i won't have to many macros in 1 room. Easier to keep them separate

hawk1

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 11:13:12 AM »

Presuming that you want to record when the motion sensor triggers, this is what I came up with.  I don't know if your trying to use two flags one for each camera and you want one camera on all the time or what.  But try this and see if you can get it to record at least.  Then we will go from there.  Okay.   ;D

Okay, this is what you should have If your going by my attachments.

Switch: P1-Recording On
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Recording On Macro:

Trigger is P1 ON and
Flag Status Off-2
End Trigger Conditions
Start Recording Video

Recording Control Macro:
Trigger is P1 On
Flag Status Off-2
End Trigger Conditions
Set Flag 2
Delay 2:00
Clear Flag 2
Recording On P1 Off
All Units Off B

Recording Off Macro:

Trigger is P1 Off
Video Recording Stop
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sensor On Macros:

Trigger is B2 On(Bedroom Cam)      Trigger is B1 On(Porch Cam)
P1 On               P1 on

geeforce

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 08:45:58 PM »

Thank you Hawk for your time and patients. I'm at work right now and will try again in the morning. You are correct i only wanted to record when motion was detected. I do have 2 flags 1 for each camera. I was thinking it would give me more control, but if 1 flag will work better i'll try that. 1 question though in the P1 macros setup is that 3 macros. 2 being used for the on condition and 1 for the off condition. The on condition having 1 to start the recording and another to control the recording? Since the P1 macros are under a condition i can now save it in the interface and save the others in PC. It's making sense now. Can't wait to get home to start working on it. Thanks again.

hawk1

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 09:18:03 PM »

You are correct.  Your getting it.  I will check back tomorrow.  Have to go out of town for most of the day though.  This is just a starting point to see if we can get the recording working.  After we get the recording working, then we can play around with more flags if you want.  And your welcome.  Glad I could help.

hawk1

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 09:55:20 AM »

GeeForce, did you get this to work yet?    :'

geeforce

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »

sorry Hawk for the delay. When i got home from work that day the madam had other plans for me. I'm trying it out tonight. Will let you know soon maybe tonight.

geeforce

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 03:20:39 AM »

Hello Hawk. I tried the software you provided, but on my version i can't do it. I'm using version 3.236 and it will not let me turn off a trigger in the same macros that has been turned on. So i used what i learned from you and the forum. In my on macros i simply used the on phantom command for my phantom on both cameras triggers with no flags (phantom only has 1 thing to look for). In my phantom macros i used the trigger on for my phantom (using flag #1) to start the recording and 30 sec. later turn it off. Trying it step by step and it worked nearly perfectly turning on by the motion detector. The only thing was the camera on the porch stays on longer than the bedroom so i upped my time to 1 min. It did not work again after that even when i changed it back. I get " a problem has occurred with AHP and needs to shut down". I only get the error after i have shut it down to view the video. Is the problem with my programming our with the software?

hawk1

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 11:13:53 AM »

I really couldn't tell you.  I do know from this forum that version of AHP has its problems, I myself used an older version.  And now I don't use AHP at all.  Your programming of the macro should be fine if you used the example.  I myself have used that example for a long time to record video from my 8 cameras.  By chance are you shutting down AHP before the recording stops? Also you might want to clear the interface memory and make sure your AHP recycle bin is cleared.  Then redownload the timers and macros and give that a shot.

Can you manually open up a camera and record video for 30 seconds, and then view it?  If not you might want to change your codec for the cameras.

You might want to roll back your AHP to an earlier version, but do this on your own risk.  Here is how.
Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ and look for ahp_updt_204.exe.  Save that and install it over what you have now, it will not affect any timers or macros you may have.  Once 3.204 is installed, use the update link under Tools to update AHP to version 3.228.

Let us know how it comes out.  We might have to have someone else to jump in as I don't use AHP anymore.  I'm an Ihouse fan now.  If you want to give Ihouse a shot you can find it here;  http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com   don't worry it's free.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 11:15:41 AM by hawk1 »

geeforce

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 08:59:16 PM »

Thanks Hawk again for your help. I do purge my macros and delete unused modules before programming. I found out from earlier tries not to shut AHP down while it is recording or working, it will give you the error. Right now i can't manually record. It shows it is recording but it is not. I think what i will do is start from scratch 1 more time using the same program. If that does not work I'm going to use the stills option in programming. In the past it would record stills with no problem. I would get a lot of recorded static from when the camera shuts off, but i would have something. That is what i use now when i go to work. I have noticed this when i return home since trying these different programs. The stills are recording actual photos and not static. I have photos for every shot. I do have a different question. I have a flood cam from x10, would i still be able to use stills with it? i haven't installed it yet because i am going to have to run cable to install it. No back area lights its and old house. Will keep you informed of how it goes. Thanks again >!

hawk1

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 09:08:17 PM »

I couldn't help you with the floodlight, as I don't own one YET.   rofl  If manual recording isn't working you might want to look at your preferences and see what codec and settings you are using.  Also play around with the resolution.  Good Luck!!!  Sorry we couldn't get it going.

Maybe someone else can jump in and give you some info on the floodlight.  I think DaveX10 has one if I remember right.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.