🔌General Home Automation > Z-Wave

Vera...Not just another pretty face...

(1/3) > >>

stoney:
 B:(

MANOWAR©:
Not at those prices.   rofl Talk about a rip off.

Tuicemen:
Stoney I look forward to reading a post about your own personal experiances with Z-wave.
Were you thinking of testing Vera?
MANOWAR© prices are always out of sight for new products usualy as the demand grows prices drop. ;)Note: I've edited this thread before it got out of Hand!

Knightrider:
my 2˘,

Yes, z-wave does have some pretty neat stuff, including the schlage lock in the occupancy sensing thread.  Many of us have known about that lock for some time now, and at least two users here are locksmiths.  That post over there and the intro to this thread sounded a lot like sales pitches. 

That lock unit is very pricey for what we do here at the x10 forums and I'd imagine the folks at cocoontech are probably all over it, as is "my green house" (micasaverde).

When it's said that "you get what you pay for" and x10'ers are "lemmings", I, personally, take offense.

I'm certainly not a lemming, and try to be objective to all HA technologies at the site I run.  With that in mind,  I have invested much time and money into my x10 system since February 13, 1988.  My last count had me up to 170 x10 units in my home including many powerflashes, controllers and UM506's.  My system has missed 3 commands since the beginning of 2009, and it's very reliable. 

Granted, it wasn't as easy as x10 said it would be.

Zwave isn't without faults (from what I have read), and having a champagne HA system on my beer budget gives me great satisfaction, which is why I offer my feeble assistance here, when I can. 

X10 isn't for everyone, and those without the patience may fare far better with another system, but you won't catch me trying to sell it.  To do so would jeopardize my impartiality.

Is micasaverde right for you?  Depends on how much you want to spend.  Can something like that be done with X10?  Depends on how inventive/handy you are.  Again, be prepared to spend time and money on something that micasaverde does more or less right out of the box.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: Knightrider on January 04, 2010, 05:12:52 PM ---...... That post over there and the intro to this thread sounded a lot like sales pitches. 
.......... When it's said that "you get what you pay for" and x10'ers are "lemmings", I, personally, take offense.
..... I'm certainly not a lemming, and try to be objective to all HA technologies at the site I run. 

--- End quote ---

I agree with much of what you've posted here Knightrider. It's fine with me if someone is sold on "the idea of a product". But plastering the forum with advertisement style raves... while demeaning regular X10 users.. is wrong.

* The forums are here for your enjoyment and as a way for you to interact with other X10 users such as yourself to share, learn and find answers.
* try to avoid berating X10 Products in public posts – This technology has been around and evolved for the past 30 years, withstanding the test of time and finding its way to millions of households worldwide.
Implying that X10 setups don't work (besides being untrue)... is insulting to users like myself.. that have openly shared my setup with the public. I KNOW X10 works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version