Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Logmein and AHP  (Read 8567 times)

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Logmein and AHP
« on: January 08, 2010, 03:50:40 PM »

Thanks for the tip on this program.  Although my AHP came with MyHouse, I decided against using it based on threads I've read that it has a multitude of problems.

Logmein works great!  I can access my HA computer online and run AHP with ease.  Even sitting in another room in my house, I can see the HA computer waking up and mirroring what I'm doing on my computer including controlling modules.  Cool stuff.

I haven't tried PC Companion yet.  I'm still settling in with my setup, so I'm taking baby steps.  I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.  :)

r,
eagle

yancy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Logmein and AHP
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »

Thanks for the tip on this program.  Although my AHP came with MyHouse, I decided against using it based on threads I've read that it has a multitude of problems.

Logmein works great!  I can access my HA computer online and run AHP with ease.  Even sitting in another room in my house, I can see the HA computer waking up and mirroring what I'm doing on my computer including controlling modules.  Cool stuff.

I haven't tried PC Companion yet.  I'm still settling in with my setup, so I'm taking baby steps.  I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.  :)

r,
eagle

I've been using Logmein Ignition for quite some time from my iPhone.  Mainly to access my main PC and do non AHP things.  The one main problem with it is using it with cameras.  I am using the free version on my PC, which does not do video streaming.  Therefore I can't use any of the camera functionality within AHP.  I have another workaround using Melloware's X10Commander and Orb Live (I got the Orb Live version that still allows live streaming over 3G), which does allow me to select the camera and then watch live streaming.  A bit cumbersome but it works for my purposes.

As for MyHouse, the only problems I've had with it are random connectivity issues.  Mainly, I may not get a connection established.  However, once I do, it works and doesn't drop connections.  This was useful while we were on vacation.  I had a laptop with a Verizon broadband Cell card and it worked great.

eagle

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 08:34:28 PM »

Thanks yancy.

I might give myHouse a try then.

r,
eagle

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 09:03:22 AM »

eagle& yancy You may wish to look at using RealVNC
I've been using it for over 10 years and it hasn't failed me yet.
This doesn't require a internet connection it use on your network and will show video.
Quality isn't as good as on the server machine but at least you'll see your cameras.
I've never tried Logmein but many here use it with no issues.
I hate having to depend on someone else's server for access to my computer . ::) :'
Use Myhouse and you'll see what I mean!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

eagle

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:18:24 AM »

Thanks Tuicemen.  This reminds me of pcAnywhere used in my office a long time ago.

I do like the idea of not having to rely on somebody else's server to access my computers for reliability and primarily security.

I'll give this one a shot also.

r,
eagle

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »

Thanks Tuicemen.  This reminds me of pcAnywhere used in my office a long time ago.

I do like the idea of not having to rely on somebody else's server to access my computers for reliability and primarily security.

I'll give this one a shot also.

r,
eagle

Like Tuicmen, I've been using (Ultra)VNC [there are several differnt flavors of VNC..all open source and very well supported] for years and it has been incredibly stable and reliable.  I've also discovered an android app for my phone that runs TightVNC, so I can now access my AHP server from any place I have cell/internet service. 

Works like a charm!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.