Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HELP - Cannot disarm Alarm in Active Home using KR10A (Keychain Remote)  (Read 14939 times)

nickiejones

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I am new to X10. I just purchased the Security System along with Active Home. Everything is working well except for one thing.
If I disarm my system with the SH624 (Security Remote Control), the alarm is disarmed and Active Home is updated that the alarm is disarmed.
If I disarm my system with the KR10A (Keychain Remote), the system is disarmed, but Active Home still shows that the system is armed.
Since I have several e-mail notifications being sent if a Door or Window sensor is tripped while the alarm is armed, this is causing e-mails to be sent after the system is disarmed and a door is opened.
From reading on this forum, this appears to be a bug in Active Home. Is there a work around for it as On Alert is pretty much useless unless in the current manner.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: HELP - Cannot disarm Alarm in Active Home using KR10A (Keychain Remote)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »

I believe this bug is only with version 3.236
I never had the issue with 3.228 that I can recall. Perhaps the work arround for you is a down grade! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

nickiejones

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 02:51:56 PM »

Thanks for the response Tuicemen. Could you point me in the right directions for downloading the 3.228 version. Are there special steps for removing the current version and installing the 3.236 version. I don't see the OnAlert as an option to uninstall just ActiveHome.
I will try this to see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks again for your help.;

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 05:30:24 PM »

There is a sticky thread in the software bugs section Software Problems Version 3.236 in it you'll find all the info you need for down grading!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

joshz

I hit the same bug. However, downgrading to version 228 did not seem to solve my problem. I wonder if there is any special procedure to follow to replace version 236 with 228. I did uninstall 236 before installing 228. The version did show that it was on version 228 afterward. Maybe the downgrade did not succeed somehow?

In my case, the disarm signal is always perceived as "arm away". It's very annoying, and I'm quite surprised that a newer version hasn't come out with a proper fix.

joshz

BTW, I should mention that I received the installation files for 228 from X10 tech support. Maybe its installation files have the same bug as 236. Is it necessary to install 204 first and then upgrade to 228 as mentioned in the original thread on this topic?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68

Yes.   3.228 is not available in the  x10 Software Repository, so you have to do the 3.204 then update to 3.228 routine.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Hallhouse

I also have had this happen to me. The keyfobs (KR10A) stopped disarming. I have AHP 3.228. This appeared to have happened after I installed the VA12A video module. Since this module would not work properly, I reinstalled the VA11A. I have all but the OnAlert software to reinstall. It keeps coming up with new software availiable. Tech support emailed me to send all the info on my computer setup.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.