Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows Mobile version of MyHouse  (Read 16980 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Windows Mobile version of MyHouse
« on: February 21, 2009, 07:54:07 AM »

IMHO, it would be great to have a version of the MyHouse client for Activehome, what can run on any internet enabled Window Mobile cell phone.   It would take a significant step toward truly achieving home control from anywhere.   :)%
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Windows Mobile version of MyHouse
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 12:50:03 PM »

IMHO, it would be great to have a version of the MyHouse client for Activehome, what can run on any internet enabled Window Mobile cell phone.   It would take a significant step toward truly achieving home control from anywhere.   :)%

No reason to be humble about that idea! Thats a GREAT idea!!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:16:31 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 04:13:35 PM »

I to would love this option.  I've been setting up my cam's and searched for software that I could not only monitor live, but also search recordings via the PDA.  I did find a video card with such and love it.  I'm now searching for a method of controlling HA stuff via the PDA, since myhouse online doesn't work with mobile.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:59:51 PM »

There is a mobile version of "Logmein" that works on my Dell Axim...........

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »

I found an easy great way to control-ck status of your devices via a PPC.    Tuiceman's PC companion!!!!   Just setup your floor plan, put in your devices.    I suggest changing the lightbulb graphic, in the file folder "floor plan", to make the lightoff.gif red.  Just use paint and paint it red, then save.  This allows a quick look and see what is off or on.   
  I can just tap on the light bulb and it will turn off the light or on.   I created my own floor plan for my house and saved it into the floor plan.
  I use RealVNC on the main computer and RealVNC for the windows mobile to log in.   Everything looks clear and crisp.
  I have an HTC touch pro PDA.

Great job Tuice.    #:)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 06:09:46 PM »

I use RealVNC on the main computer and RealVNC for the windows mobile to log in.   Everything looks clear and crisp.
  I have an HTC touch pro PDA.

Great job Tuice.    #:)

Thanks trol1374 
You beat me to testing with RealVNC! Though I wasn't going to try it with A PDA!
Your the first to use PC Companion with a PDA that I know of and first to use it with a touch screen!
Very Cool!
I know a lot of users have been looking for a good way to interface their PDAs with their HA setups!
The fact that RealVNC is so clear will make many very Happy!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sjblair4

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 09:48:12 PM »

Everyone do a Google web search for "mobile web development".  There appears to be plenty of resources available; especially for Windows Mobile 6 and up.  It would be great for someone with the talent to make a mobile web site for ActiveHome Pro.

TCruz

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 09:47:17 PM »

Where can one get Tuiceman's PC companion? A search only revealed this thread.

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 10:46:13 PM »

Hi TCruz,

Tuicemen's post above has the link.  If you glide your mouse over PC Companion in blue and bold, you'll notice it is clickable.   It'll take you to the software source website.

But just in case .... here's the direct link:  http://www.angelfire.com/in2/ontkoi/X10AHP/PcCompanion.html

r,
eagle

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.