Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP 3.228 not always dimming  (Read 2851 times)

big bird

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP 3.228 not always dimming
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:39:42 AM »

Hi all,
my system is working for at least 15 years in the house , I had an old Ative Home at the beginning . I have a lot of modules , just to say I am not new to AHP .
For a while I was operating with both systems from 2 computers , I was probably too lazy to transfered all the commands ( ! ) , my old system was taking care of some modules and the new 3.228 was taking care of new modules that I was installing like outside sprinkler that was taking a lot of memory since in my area we can water the lawn on even date . I had to make a command for every day available of the summer , I was able to use the sprinkler , it took , I thought , a lot of memory .
I have a phase link module behind the dryer machine just in case . All was fine until ...
One day the old computer died and I transfered everything on the new 3.228 version . It says the memory is now used only up to 18% .

The problem is : it will light most of the time ( 98% ) and always shut down the lights as desired .
It does not dim the lights to the desired % everytime , but sometimes yes , these days most of the time no .
It's very annoying , I cleared the interface many times , and donwload again without any results ...

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:00:24 AM by big bird »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: AHP 3.228 not always dimming
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 11:36:45 AM »

Is it always the same lights or random?
Is it always the same events that do not DIM?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

big bird

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 02:45:48 PM »

Right now there is 6 different address that goes on at dusk , not one is "on" at the exact same time ( I played with minutes before and after ) to leave the interface time to "speak" to different modules .  I have many spots in ceiling and I like to have many and dimed instead of having one and bright to get the same level of luminosity .
Right now I have to wear my sunglasses sometimes for dinner ...
It's not a case of always the same one and never dimmed , sometimes yes but most of the times it does not dim the lights . 

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 04:30:52 PM »

The fact that it seems random makes me think it is a noise issue and not an AHP issue, but the fact that it started after porting all the old AH commands to AHP make it appear like AHP probem, so I'm no help. Sorry
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

big bird

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 06:12:06 AM »

It's now OK , it was my mistake , after reading a couple of other threads , I realized that I had plugged the interface on a surge bar behind the computer ...   B:(
What fooled me is that the operation were not always OK , the dimming of the lights was very occasional but not the on/off operation .
Anyway , I am glad everything is now fine , thanks for your help .   :)%

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 07:14:46 AM »

Glad you found the cause and it is OK now.

While I was doing some signal tests with an XTBM. One of my circuits want from 9.90 to 3.67?  -:) OH now it hits me. I plugged in an old IBM laptops charger. On the other side of the kitchen and it is the same branch line.  :o  rofl

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.