Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote Launch  (Read 9959 times)

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Remote Launch
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:03:39 PM »

Hey all. I have a question/idea. I recently added MyHouse Online to AHP and after some mess'n around I'll say it works 97% OK. Lots of reading,searching and not being super computer savvy brings me to my question here.
I like the way the 'Dial-up' options settings work. Is there way to adapt this method of connecting to activate any program I want?

The scene (for now I have to use Dial-up Internet)

Call my number - Predefined sequence etc.etc
which launches my internet connection software then
use LogMeIn do my thing, AHP or whatever online from remote location.

Just don't want to leave the computer signed on to internet constantly when not at home.

Right now I am playing with a PC Dialer/Answering Machine type program. It works to some effect but.........
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 07:03:22 PM by GMAN »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Remote Launch
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 07:40:50 PM »

Just don't want to leave the computer signed on to internet constantly when not at home.

Right now I am playing with a PC Dialer/Answering Machine type program. It works to some effect but.........
If you know when/what triggers will open a internet connection it is easy with Smartmacros and the windows command option.
More info is needed for a complete how to! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 12:37:31 PM »

Tuiceman, thanks for the reply and interest in my quest.
I'll start with.... MyHouse Online service works ...I can dial my home phone number (AHP running-sequence I have set - of course NOT online yet as the line would be occupied) and the service launches. I have figured out how to tie my internet software (AOL) to this event, and it too launches. I HAVE NOT figured out how to have AOL auto sign in with password already there (typed in) once 'it' is launched.
LogMeIn account is set up and working.
This almost works. I'm trying have the AOL software launch with this method and auto sign in. Not use the MyHouse Online service (server) and use LogMeIn once the computer is online. This too in an effort to not effect the functioning of my regular telephone answering machine when someone calls. (so the Wife is happy)

AHP 3.228  w. MyHouse Online, Smart Macros
AOL Dial up Internet access
I.E. 6
old Windows ME machine
I know I know   >*< but hey I'm have'n fun  I really enjoy my X10 automated home

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »

I'd try a script writing tool like AutoHotKey
Create a script and have it launch instead of your  internet software (AOL)
Then it can lauch AOL and log on typing in your passwork from remembered key presses. ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.