Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard question  (Read 12040 times)

sunnyboy12370

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard question
« on: January 18, 2010, 09:22:35 PM »

I have successfully gotten my 1 camera system up and running. I want to thank the help I got on this forum. My question is when I go to my stored pictures on my PC, what does all the series of numbers under the pictures mean. I understand that they are getting larger as the time goes by, but thought perhaps they may be readable for some purpose that might be helpful. Another small thing is the date that is on the saved picture folder in the hard drive, is off by one day. Any suggestions. I also got the motion detector working. All that is does is mark the spot in the "history" with a red line. I don't know what I was expecting but that is very helpful to know when there was activity in the area. I was hoping that it would only record when activity was detected. I do believe that the Vanguard system starts to record when the system is activated from the icon, and continues to record until I X it out. Is this correct? I continue to work with what I have and learn the more I read. Thanks to all.

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Vanguard question
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:02:22 AM »

I do believe that the Vanguard system starts to record when the system is activated from the icon, and continues to record until I X it out. Is this correct? I continue to work with what I have and learn the more I read. Thanks to all.

No, Vanguard will not  record for longer than 5 minutes at a time (if you're lucky) and is therefore pretty useless software. If anything important happens that you want to capture on video, like someone vandalizing your property, Vanguard will NOT capture it! You're better off buying a Sabrent usb tv-tuner box (or capture card) which connects to your computer, and then connect your cameras to it.

sunnyboy12370

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 06:52:02 PM »

Thanks for the great reply. I have only worked with Vanguard and their stuff for a short time. I have done lots of reading on this forum and am starting to have my doubts about the Vanguard and x10. Not against it but will watch my amount of investment. I will follow up with your suggestion. I hope others will also make suggestions or comments. thanks again

sunnyboy12370

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 11:54:37 PM »

Will I also need a different software program? I have looked around a little at the Sabrent usb tv-tuner piece and I don't seem to be able to tell if I will need a special program to be able to record stills or video. Maybe I just need to keep reading. Thought I would ask. Might save me some time. thanks for the help.

melion

Re: Camera 1 is showing up on both D1 and D2 in Vanguard .
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 08:11:02 AM »

I have two X10 cameras connected using the using Vanguard Control Center Software (SW26A) installed on XP
I have the usb pc receiver and the Small Video Receiver (no audio) (VR36A) set to D channel.
I am using channel D , camera D1 and camera D2.

The problem is that the pics from Camera 1 is showing up on both D1 and D2. And the software doesn't show the images from camera D2 at all. I have tested the cameras and the power adapter and all work well EXCEPT
D2 doesn't show up on VANGUARD at all, only D1.

I have both cameras activated in Vanguard , as well as motion senor eagle eye.

Any solutions from the forum would be appreciated.

Me lion

birdzeye

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 03:07:22 PM »

Will I also need a different software program? I have looked around a little at the Sabrent usb tv-tuner piece and I don't seem to be able to tell if I will need a special program to be able to record stills or video. Maybe I just need to keep reading. Thought I would ask. Might save me some time. thanks for the help.

The one I have has it's own software and you can record for as long as your HD space allows, and you can also take pictures. And this is for TV as well as cameras.

birdzeye

Re: Camera 1 is showing up on both D1 and D2 in Vanguard .
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 03:10:25 PM »

I have two X10 cameras connected using the using Vanguard Control Center Software (SW26A) installed on XP
I have the usb pc receiver and the Small Video Receiver (no audio) (VR36A) set to D channel.
I am using channel D , camera D1 and camera D2.

The problem is that the pics from Camera 1 is showing up on both D1 and D2. And the software doesn't show the images from camera D2 at all. I have tested the cameras and the power adapter and all work well EXCEPT
D2 doesn't show up on VANGUARD at all, only D1.

I have both cameras activated in Vanguard , as well as motion senor eagle eye.

Any solutions from the forum would be appreciated.

Me lion

You also need a TM751 or RR501 plugged in and an RF remote control to change cameras.

melion

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 07:58:42 AM »

Thanks for the post on this,

Heres a question Vanguard software has a 4 camera + live video option in the software and its sold as such without any mention to add a TM751 or RR501.

It supposedly shows the four different cameras on the PC monitor.

These 2 devices below work with the remote, I don't want a remote to manually switch I want the motion sensor to switch on the camera where the motion was detected. Or the software has a scan option, where it moves thru all camera images.

I will buy a TM751 if its needed, but is it needed?

TM751 or RR501 plugged in and an RF remote control to change cameras.

http://graphics.x10.com/images7/tech_tm751.jpg

http://www.aartech.ca/rr501-x10-rf-transceiver.html

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 11:10:32 AM »

The power supplies for the wireless cameras have a set of address dials. House and Unit codes. Only one can be on at a time or their signals garbage each other. They work in groups of four. Same House Code and Unit code 1-4,5-8,9-12 or 13-16. Turn one on int the group and the others goes off.
So something has to put the commands on the power line from the remote or the motion sensors to switch them. A TM751 or RR501 can take the RF command and send it on the power line to control the cameras.

One more thing. Motion sensors have a Dusk Dawn feature. So lets say a Motion Sensor is on B1 and it turns camera addressed at B1 on and off. At Dusk it will send a B2 On and at Dawn a B2 Off. A camera on B2 maybe doing things not expected, and if you cross the group of four then you have to be able to send an off to one group and then turn one the other group.

birdzeye

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 11:04:44 AM »

I will buy a TM751 if its needed, but is it needed?

Yes, you need it. The RR501 is actually better than the TM751, but either one will work. You don't need the RF remote if you have motion sensors, but it is nice to have a remote so that you can view a camera whenever you want to. Sometimes the motion sensors don't pick up motion if they are not positioned correctly or if the batteries are drained.

You won't be able to view all 4 cameras at the same time, and you won't be able to record anything with Vanguard software.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.