Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Found a new app for Android Phones to control X10  (Read 143301 times)

vantech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Found a new app for Android Phones to control X10
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 02:48:31 PM »

i meant 6003  :)  i've followed all of that and still no conection...on my web interface it say "host:192.168.1.139"  "port 6003" and my own password and "com port: 1"  and i've entered all that info in my droid app and all i get is "Error  Failure to connect to server 192.168.1.139/192.168.1.139:6003 "  do i have to have my wifi on my phone active and if so then this app only works within my home wireless router.  And no i'm not making this harder than what it is, its just how my life goes with this stuff (nothing electrically in house ever work right without major hassles)

Jeff

Melloware

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
    • Melloware
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 03:00:12 PM »

i meant 6003  :)  i've followed all of that and still no conection...on my web interface it say "host:192.168.1.139"  "port 6003" and my own password and "com port: 1"  and i've entered all that info in my droid app and all i get is "Error  Failure to connect to server 192.168.1.139/192.168.1.139:6003 "  do i have to have my wifi on my phone active and if so then this app only works within my home wireless router.  And no i'm not making this harder than what it is, its just how my life goes with this stuff (nothing electrically in house ever work right without major hassles)

Jeff

Yes that IP address 192.168.1.139 is your internal WIFI IP Address. So try your Droid connected to your WIFI network and I bet it works.   Once you get it working then moving on to having it work over your 3G/Edge connection is a little more complicated because you have to expose port 6003 to the external Internet. 

Instructions for that are here:

http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7070

Don't forget to look at this EXCELLENT diagram of the process....

http://www.usabilityinstitute.com/articles/x10.htm

I know this seems daunting but exposing one of your ports/PC's to the external Internet is a proposition that should not be entered into lightly that is why it seem difficult.  Because it should be difficult else hackers would already own your home PC and network  :o
------------------------------------------------
Melloware
Tack Back Control of Your PC!
http://www.melloware.com

vantech

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 04:03:29 PM »

nope still don't work..its never easy for me, i have to work for it all the time   B:(   my droid just sits there saying "connecting please wait......" and it will sit there all day doing just that....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....just for info my router is a cisco m20 if that helps any :(  well it stopped trying to connect and came up with failure to connect

Melloware

• Melloware
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 04:11:20 PM »

nope still don't work..its never easy for me, i have to work for it all the time   B:(   my droid just sits there saying "connecting please wait......" and it will sit there all day doing just that....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....just for info my router is a cisco m20 if that helps any :(  well it stopped trying to connect and came up with failure to connect

Unless for some reason Windows Firewall or Windows Defender are blocking the connection it should work on your own WIFI network if you have the IP and Port entered on the Droid correctly.  My guess is Windows Defender or Windows Firewall might be at work here....
Melloware

vantech

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »

checked the firewall and that has the exception for port 6003 in it and i don't believe i have windows defender, im running xp !!!! also turned off windows firewall and my avast anti virus and still nogo

Melloware

• Melloware
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 04:27:50 PM »

checked the firewall and that has the exception for port 6003 in it and i don't believe i have windows defender, im running xp !!!! also turned off windows firewall and my avast anti virus and still nogo

Do me a favor, there is an x10commander.log file found next to the EXE.  Mail it to info <at> melloware <dot> com
Melloware

vantech

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 04:58:49 PM »

on its way, and you'll see it worked for all of 5 minutes and then bang it stopped   B:(

_avatar

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 02:49:00 AM »

autom8 author here,

I just found this thread -- didn't realize anyone was actually using my software. I recently released a new version of both the client and server here: http://autom8.clangen.org. I also added a new FAQ and Installation sections to the website that should hopefully address all of the questions you guys had in this thread, including "how to install," "how to configure security sensors" and "working over wifi but not 3g."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:01:55 PM by _avatar »

mad212

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2010, 02:21:23 AM »

Now that active home supports the disarm command, will autom8 or x10commander implement this if its possible?

_avatar

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2010, 05:39:37 PM »

The autom8 server already keeps track of armed and disarmed states for security sensors, and you can arm and disarm units directly from the Android client. However, this state is independent of the ActiveHome Pro software.

mad212

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2010, 01:41:52 PM »

Is there a chance we can get the server compiled for linux (ubuntu)?

_avatar

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2010, 02:03:55 PM »

Is there a chance we can get the server compiled for linux (ubuntu)?

Nope, sorry. However, you can use the server in Linux via VirtualBox and it works fine.

vantech

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2010, 05:45:26 PM »

Hi, I have been using your program for a while now and its awesome!!  Only thin was i upgraded and now when i get an alert from a ds10 instead of letting me know once, it constantly sends the alert until i reset the alert on my droid x.   

I do like the new style, hopefully you can tell me how to fix that !!

Thank You
Jeffrey Van Tassel >! >!

_avatar

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2010, 08:57:26 PM »

Just fixed the duplicate notification sound/vibrate bug and posted 0.2.2 to the website. Thanks for reporting this.

Note you will only need to reinstall the Android client (v0.2.2), the server was unchanged.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 08:59:42 PM by _avatar »

vantech

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2010, 10:22:17 PM »

AWESOME it works GREAT now....THANK YOU for the update!!!!!!!!!     :)%   >!    >!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.