Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Found a new app for Android Phones to control X10  (Read 143430 times)

aussie mate

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Found a new app for Android Phones to control X10
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »

Hi "Autom8 author"

I really like your software and the way it looks on the tablet screen.

just wondering if your software is able to support multiple tablets at the same time?
(ie with different IP & MAC addresses).

This would allow us to have a number of touchscreens around the house.

_avatar

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »

Yup, it should support multiple tablets at the same time without issue. You can also mix in phones well, if you want.

_avatar

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 10:44:57 PM »

I recently released a new version (0.2.5) of autom8 with the following changes:

android:

• improved battery usage when security notifications are disabled
  • fixed blurry drawing observed on high resolution devices
  • all strings are now localized and can be easily translated
  • fixed bug where background notification may disappear until the app is opened again
  • fixed strange edge-case bug where user could get stuck creating a new profile
  • improved connection reliability

server:

• fixed bug where clients with high latency or low bandwidth could cause lag when updating devices on faster connections
  • huge performance improvements, now scales to support over hundreds of simultaneous clients
  • fixed UI performance issues when log file becomes extremely large, or lots is logged in a short period of time
  • fixed bug where new connections may be accepted during the shutdown process
  • fixed many small bugs

mad212

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 11:27:26 PM »

Many thanks for the great program!  #:)

I recently released a new version (0.2.5) of autom8 with the following changes:

android:

• improved battery usage when security notifications are disabled
  • fixed blurry drawing observed on high resolution devices
  • all strings are now localized and can be easily translated
  • fixed bug where background notification may disappear until the app is opened again
  • fixed strange edge-case bug where user could get stuck creating a new profile
  • improved connection reliability

server:

• fixed bug where clients with high latency or low bandwidth could cause lag when updating devices on faster connections
  • huge performance improvements, now scales to support over hundreds of simultaneous clients
  • fixed UI performance issues when log file becomes extremely large, or lots is logged in a short period of time
  • fixed bug where new connections may be accepted during the shutdown process
  • fixed many small bugs

olympia

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 11:45:07 AM »

I've just tried autom8, but I am having difficulties with it.

Server and client are up and running, I can connect to the server, moreover I can switch the test lamp modul on/off, but the status of the modul never gets updated once it gets swithced.

On the server I still see the swithced device on, even if in fact I turned off successfully by the client.
...and on the client dide the status indicator turns into an endless loop and it never gets the new status and I also can't switch any more.

@_avatar
Do you have any idea what this could be?

_avatar

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »

@olympia

In the server are you using uppercase names for the house codes? For example, are you using "A10" instead of "a10"? If so, can you try to make all the housecodes lowercase and try again? This was definitely a bug in the original server that I appear to have forgotten to port over to the new one.

*EDIT* I just posted a new version of the server to the website that should disallow this from happening in the future. You should try installing the new version, deleting all your old devices, and recreating them with 0.2.6.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:59:42 PM by _avatar »

olympia

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 02:30:28 AM »

Wow, that was swift!
Indeed this was the problem. It's now working flawless!

Thank you very much for the great app and all your efforts you put into it.

aussie mate

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 12:31:17 AM »

I have started to use this app - so far so good. I really like the look and feel of the app.
I plan to mount the tablet on the wall as a touch screen

The only problem I have noticed that the app doesnt seem to handle a modules / lights with extended codes...

it will turn them on but wont update the status on the tablet - this causes it to hang.

Any ideas?

mad212

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 12:11:13 AM »

Would it be possible for tasker/Locale support?

rs2010

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2011, 05:41:45 AM »

I thank you for the wonderful autom8 program.

I am trying to run the  autom8 server program  on a Windows Home Server machine. It works fine when I am logged in. I then tried to add it as a service. But it crashes as a service when windows home server starts. I can start the service when I Am logged in from the services console. But again on rebooting the machine the service crashes on startup

Any help suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

_avatar

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2011, 01:46:35 PM »

The only problem I have noticed that the app doesnt seem to handle a modules / lights with extended codes...
it will turn them on but wont update the status on the tablet - this causes it to hang.

No idea, I don't have any devices with extended codes. Can you point me towards an example device?

Would it be possible for tasker/Locale support?

This is something I plan to support in the future, but I'm still trying to (1) figure out how exactly I want to do it, and (2) find time to implement it.

I am trying to run the  autom8 server program  on a Windows Home Server machine. It works fine when I am logged in. I then tried to add it as a service

I've never used Windows Home Server, so I don't know what this means exactly. Cursory research suggests I may need to implement some sort of special "AddIn" layer to support WHS properly. Can you just ask the autom8 client to start when you log in? The easiest way to do this is adding a shortcut to autom8 in the Start Menu > Startup directory. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/hwandprograms/autorun.mspx

rs2010

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »

Dear Avatar

Thanks for your reply. Windows Home Server is like any other server such as Windows server 2003. The question I meant to ask is how can I run Autom8 as a windows service, so that it runs even when a user is not logged in.

At this time when I run Autom8 as a service it does not start on starting the computer. The only way to start it is to run the program while you are logged in.

I would not bother you to worry about a Home server add in, as that is not required. The only purpose of my question is to be able to run Autom8 as a windows service so that it can run when the computer is running even without a user logged in.

Thanks
I really appreciate your work
Also Can I donate to your work?

Thanks
RS

rbcarnevale

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2011, 06:34:32 AM »

Thanks for the great job. It's the best soft I ve found.  #:)

aussie mate

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2011, 06:48:05 AM »

No idea, I don't have any devices with extended codes. Can you point me towards an example device?

I not sure which module /device has the extended codes, I think many people on this forum call them "soft start".(the AHP version I use is the the European/Australian version and modules are called different names
Can someone give Avater an example of modules that use extended /soft start codes?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »

The Soft Start LM465 and WS467 are two I can think of that use the extended codes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.