Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Found a new app for Android Phones to control X10  (Read 143304 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Found a new app for Android Phones to control X10
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2011, 05:15:09 PM »

If this app worked that well I would consider buying a CM15a.
The CM15A does more. Buy one.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Blaze85

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2011, 10:24:11 PM »

Just wanted to post this because I found a great deal for the CM15A. The link is below. It is to purchase Active Phone for $9.99, but if you scroll down, you can add Active Home and the CM15A module for $29.99 total. Great Deal when they sell the CM15A module with Active Home normally (On Sale) for $49.99

http://www.x10.com/promotions/sw44a_ed_world_premiere_0920.html

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2011, 06:09:08 AM »

Just choose the correct offer.
There is also a $19.99 package with the CM19A/TM751 combination.  :'

GUMMIBEARZ

« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2012, 09:39:40 AM »

i just wanted to add my 2 cents since i didn't see this get answered and I am a autom8 user... (even tho it has been sadly abadoned without the fix for extended codes which all my lamps run on)

ok using autom8 out of yur home network another guy explained but lemme remap it out...

You have TWO ip addresses (if you have a modem and router)

yur modem gives one single computer internet by way of ethernet using the WAN IP
ok now all of use have a router, that uses that single ethernet and two distribute its on network
to that it creates its own IP called LAN IP... i think of them was WAN = world access network LAN = local area network.... ok for those of u who didnt approach port forwarding and were wondering why it doesnt work SHAME...

OK now on wifi u set the ip address (192.168.1.1) for autom8 an it automatically will connect bcuz u are on the network.. however.. if u want to connect off of wifi, portforwarding must be set up.... not just that they make it seems so easy....

THREE MAIN THINGS EVERY AUTOM8 USER SHOULD KNOW

ok but ill start with DYNDNS.... ok 99.99% of routers today run by way of DHCP... ok i dont remeber what the stands for but what i do remeber is that this means all of the IP address ( WAN & LAN ) are forever changing at an inconsistent rate. you can never make these static (consitent). However you can keep up with them. Make a free account at dyndns.org and host yur WAN ip address as a web url.. (example-dyndns.com) im not going to explain this any further but if yur taking my instructions DO IT.

sencond thing PORT FORWARDING... ok for those of u who dont no it u can access your routers setting (most of u) by typing 192.168.1.1 in yur "address" field in any browser once you type that in a user, and password entry will pop up if it hasnt already gotten configured by default the user and pass is admin... just type it in both fields and click ok...
ok so u got to the router page now try to find port forward on mine its listed under "applications and gaming".
youll notice fields like name, ports, ip, and a checkbox that says enable......... ok for most autom8 users they no they default ports are 7901 just use that as the range (type in both) now for the ip address go to the next topic.....

THIRD BUT MOST IMPORTANT..... those of u who attempted portforwarding good 4 u.. im sorry if u havent figured it out by now it took me a minute 2... ok remeber how i sed these ips are forever changing... these go for the computer on our network 2. ok u have autom8 set up to forward ports 7901 to yur comps ip which is 192.168.1.8 on the network.... which is fine autom8 is connected... until u disable yur network adapter, restart yur computer, or yur router decides to update it all on its own... and @ the point yur wondering.... WTF happened... the third topic SET UP YUR HA PC'S NETWORK STATIC..... yur network will still b DHCP and will still update all other devices inconsistently but as far as yur DHCP make it static ok to do that.... on yur HA PC go to network connections (depending on OS) then go to yur wireless card, right click, properties... now their shud b a drop down menu of differen service click [TCP/IP] now on that it says handle ip address automatically or manually... click manual.. enter the ip address u want 192.168.1.8 (the one that worked) yur subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 it entered that automatically for me.. now yur default gateway (routers ip) most of u thats 192.168.1.1.. next we go into DNS ok i had alot of trouble maintaining internet keeping up with my "internet providers" dns so now i just use google 100% reliable to that just like me in the DNS fields just enter 8.8.8.8 for the first one and 8.8.4.4 for the second one

ok i really hopes this helps autom8 users... im going to remap it out

most of u got the portforwarding right u just gotta remeber that it forwards that port to a specific ip address on yur network (aka yur HAPC ip address) an allows access to that specfic port routed to that speific ip address from outside (yur cellphones network)...

to those of u who c that im very scatterbrained im srry i hope u can follow this easily... if u need more help just reply to this.. i probably will never get off these forums lol take care ~gummibearz

gg4000

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
  • Been playing x-10 since Windows 3.0
    • GG4000.com
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »

Or just email me at oneadvent@gmail.com.

I suspect that maybe you are trying too fast and maybe your phone isn't picking up the carriers wireless. I am using dd-wrt too, so send me a screenshot of your port forwarding. Have you tried to reset that router. ddwrt is odd like that.

Anyone know how many ports you can add to dd-wrt?

GUMMIBEARZ

« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2012, 06:55:58 PM »

OMFg Voice android thats so me... im getting asap... is their full version?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2012, 08:48:04 PM »

You may wish to try some of the other Android Voice Apps as well before you look into full versions ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mastas of stereo

« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »

I am also having that same problem of the app hanging and the circle just keeps turning. I tried the other fixes but still nothing. And another weird thing is I can ONLY turn my lights and appliences off. Any help ? Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.