Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActiveHome - a version that isn't trying to SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL to me  (Read 3633 times)

Toolman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is ActiveHome software that doesn't have a link on every single stupid item that is trying to SELL ME MORE STUFF.

X10 is just OVER THE TOP in their marketing. I mean, come on already. Guess I'll have to pay for third-party control software, maybe HomeSeer, so I'm not constantly blitzed by marketing if I so much as change a timer on a device.

Just a rant, hope it doesn't bother visitors too much, hope it bugs the heck out of X10 employees.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Since this is a user to user Forum. The chance of an X10 employee seeing this is slim.
We have seen others not overly happy with the links to sales pages.

sunnyboy12370

no wonder I'm getting all these ads all of a sudden after installing Vanguard. I might want to try something else. Any suggestions?

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Toolman

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric

I think there is a switch in the preference area to turn that off.
M M ElectricMan

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2

If you are talking about the nag window about the plug-ins, just click on the remind me drop down box and select "Don't remind me anymore".

r,
eagle

Toolman

I think there is a switch in the preference area to turn that off.

Mellowmark - thank you, I did not know that option was available. Indeed, under Tools...Preferences...it is possible to UNCHECK "Show Order Buttons". That is exactly what I was talking about; by default, every time you use the program, every device you already have set up has a BUY button on it's control, and every time you add a device, it looks like a sales campaign instead of a product I already bought and am trying to simply use.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.