Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard Internet Control Software and Floodlights.  (Read 4571 times)

mreed732

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard Internet Control Software and Floodlights.
« on: January 28, 2010, 11:26:08 AM »

If you are thinking about purchasing the X10 Floodcam system along with the Vanguard Internet Control Center, think twice about it if you are expecting the motion detection to work properly.  I just got off the phone with X10 and after trying to figure this out for almost a week, it was discovered that when Vanguard Internet Control Center is running and it's set for the floodcam to trigger off of motion and record and or/turn on a lamp, once this command has been issued, the floodcam does not turn off.  It does not use the "Auto setting" built into the Floodcam to turn off based on the designated timer.  If I turn off the Vanguard Internet Control Software, then motion for the floodcam to turn on, it does and then turns off properly based on the designated time.  There seems to be some kind of conflict with the Vanguard Internet Control Software in which an off command is not issued to the floodcam to turn off after recording, or the software prohibits the floodcam to turn off based on it's own timer settings.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  I believe, this points to a problem with the Vanguard Internet Control Software, but I haven't been able to get a straight answer from X10 yet.  Please let me know if any of you are having this issue as well.  Here are my settings:

A1 - TM751 (Connected to Interior Lamp)
A3- Floodcam
CM19A-Connected to PC running Vanguard Internet Control Software
VR36A Small Video receiver - Set to A and connected to the USB Video Capture Adapter, also connected to the PC running Vanguard Internet Control Software.

In the Vanguard Internet Control Software, Under Cameras, Floodcam is added and set to A3.
Under the motion settings, Motion settings, it's set to A3, with the associated Floodcam. It is set upon motion to take still images, email me and turn on the Lamp at A1 (TM751).

All of this happens, however once the Vanguard Internet Control Software activates based on this, the Lamp and the Floodcam does not turn off.  Please advise who sends an off command for this and/or if the software is bad.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.