Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sentinel Pan problem  (Read 6256 times)

cond1952

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Sentinel Pan problem
« on: April 01, 2010, 05:13:39 PM »

My Sentinel camera will not pan all the way to the left in response to a command from VICC.  It stops in the same spot every time at about a 50 degree angle to the left of center.  If I use the remote, the pan and tilt work fine in all directions and ranges.  If I pan all the way to the left with the remote and then give a pan right command from VICC it will move to the same spot at which it stops when panning to the left from center.  I have tried moving the sending unit to several different locations with no change to the problem.  Any ideas? 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Sentinel Pan problem
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:06:48 PM »

Have you had a chance to look at the Sentinal information in the wiki?
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Sentinel

You didn't somehow set some presets positions for the pan and tilt.

cond1952

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 11:10:00 PM »

I will do the clear preset procedure to make sure that is not what happened.  Thanks for your help!   Now, if someone could solve the mystery as to why I can't access my video on gate.x10.com I will really be a happy camper.  Tier 2 tech support could not solve it after two weeks of trying.  Their alleged best tech support guru finally gave up trying.  I am now accessing the video using teamviewer: 

http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx 

cond1952

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:28:03 PM »

I did the clearing procedure for presets and that did not solve the problem.  The range of motion has decreased somewhat so whatever is causing it is getting worse.  X10 tech support says the transceiver is bad so I have a new one on the way. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 12:41:07 PM »

Thanks for the update.
Keep us informed when the new transceiver is in place.

cond1952

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 12:21:28 PM »

I also had to replace another camera that froze up and caused the whole system to lock up.  Dealing with X10 has been a nightmare.  I would never buy from them again. 

cond1952

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 09:10:34 AM »

New transceiver is in place and did not solve the problem.  Will call tech support (for about the 20th time) and see what they say now.  I'm sure I have another bad Sentinel camera.  If so, then two out of two failed.  At least X10 is consistent-consistently bad! 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.