Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mislead  (Read 17512 times)

Walt013

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Mislead
« on: January 29, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »

It is a shame I ended up getting wireless cams and the sales reps did not exsplain everything as they should have. after 6 calls and inquiriyes on the products I thought I was getting something that would be just right for me. But no the cameras do not work as bragged up to be. They failed to tell me that there was many things that would interfer with the cams signal. such as steco homes. after contacting them on this issue several times no one ever got back to me so now I am stuck with a product that does not meet my needs and out alot of money. I had asked the question over and over "is there anything I should be concerned about that may interfer with the cameras" I was told by the sales reps "no". Well most homes are mad of steco now a days and guess what your wireless phones also will interfer with the cams. From what I can tell if you have any other wirless equipment in the house these cams are worthless

very disapointed in the cams, sales rep and the company. This has been a rip off.  >*<

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Mislead
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 11:00:53 PM »

If within the 30 day period, you can return them for a refund.

Or you can describe to us your setup and experts here can give you advice on how to overcome them.

r,
eagle

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 11:16:05 PM »

..... From what I can tell if you have any other wirless equipment in the house these cams are worthless
very disapointed in the cams, sales rep and the company. This has been a rip off.  >*<

If your not happy with the cameras... you should get a refund.

As far as the cameras working... countless thousands of people are happy with them. And X10 has millions of customers worldwide. If you'd like help with getting the cameras working... we here at the forums are volunteers, customers just like yourself.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Walt013

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 11:37:15 PM »

I had questions and asked how to return the product, they told me a manager would be contacting me. after several attempts and no manager contact the 30 days had gone by. even though i started to question the product and service way before the 30 day limit thier response was slow enough to run the clock out. REALLY NOW. must I say more. :-[

Walt013

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 11:47:42 PM »

Oh let me say this the experts told me after long time passed that since I have a house with steco sideing the cams will have interference. And lord knows they do. This should had been explained before my purchase, and futhermore they should have had prompt responses for my concerns not to stall so the 30 day return policy would run out.  :o
Talk to anyone that has steco homes and see what thier opion is.
talk to anyone that has cordless phones and see what their opinon is.
talk to anyone that has a remote garage door opener and see what thier opion is.
Like I said before, I talked to several different sales reps before purchasing this product and at no time did they say thier would be certain things that may interfer with the wireless cams. and even after I had asked them that particular question.
I run a buisness myself and I will say this If thier was a disatisfied customer I would go out of my way to attempt to satisfy them, with no hesatation.

eagle

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 11:48:23 PM »

Sorry to hear that.  I'm not going to comment on your return experience.  I recently returned some items and got a refund promptly.  It was simple and straightforward.

At any rate, since you are now "stuck" with the gear, you might as well try and get them to work.  

Tell us what you have so experts here can help you get them to work.

If not, offer them up for sale.  I'm sure some folks would be interested to take them off your hands at the right price.  :)

BTW, exterior of my house is stucco and my camera works fine.

r,
eagle
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:51:17 PM by eagle »

Walt013

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »

The cameras continue to flicker, loss signal, and even when I moved the reciever to a point of less than 12 inches from the wall with the cams mounted on the outer house the same problem. and than on top of all this since they are on tilt bases when I scan to the right, left, or up or down they all move at the same time. On the computer when I brought up the cams the comuputer program went wacky, the cams didn't stay on channel one, they switch to one to two and then two to one and so forth. flickering away. when the phone rings the signal starts the cams to flicker even worse. certain type of auto can go by and set the camera static interference. I am really frusterated with these.

yancy

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 09:05:58 AM »

I have 9 cameras in my setup.  The closest one to the receiver is 12 feet away in the same room.  The furthest is 60 feet away, outside of the house.  I have 3 of them on the Ninja Pan/Tilt base, the furthest of which is 30 feet away.  The signals from my cameras go through a number of walls, glass, and other objects.  The only camera I had a problem with was the one 60 feet away, but I solved that putting a reciever and transmitter in between the signal.  I'm sure, as has been stated, that many other people on this forum have similar or even more complex setups that work just fine.

One thought, which I hadn't seen raised here is, do you have the camera and the receiver set to the same channel?  If they are not, even right next to each other you may get what looks like a picture but very scrambled or nothing at all.  If this isn't set right, you will have problems.

I also had problems when I had the older 2.4GHz cordless phones.  As the cameras also work on 2.4GHz band, they can interfere.  That was one reason for having the 4 different channels you could select on the camera and receiver, since they slightly change the specific 2.4xxx band.

I also had problems if I had the receiver directly on top of my computer, or close to a flourescent desk lamp.  One I moved it up high and away from these items, my picture cleared up completely.

Hope this helps some what.  If not, as others noted, you may try to sell you setup.

eagle

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 09:32:09 AM »

Okay.  We already know the problems you are having. 

This is like a conversation between a client calling a car shop and talking to a mechanic.  Customer describes he is having a problem.  Mechanic asks him what the problem is.  Customer describes it as "click - click - click - weee -- weee - click - click - thud".  :)   

Since we can't physically see what you've done, we need you to tell us exactly how you've set up your system.

Please tell us the following:

- House code and Unit Codes used for each camera.
- Transceiver(s) used
- Distance of each camera from the transceiver(s)
- Controls for cameras:  either motion sensors or remote controls

Miscellaneous:

- Do you have a 2.4GHz wireless phone?
- Do you have TVs?
- Do you have compact flourescent lamps?
- Do you have phone chargers?
- Do you have computers?
- Do you have uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)?

Forgive the questions if they sound stupid but they would give experts here some idea of potential noise/interference/signal suckers that could be contributing to your problems.

Again, this is a user community forum and not a customer help line as someone has pointed out in a similar thread. 

X10 doesn't participate in this forum. 

Folks here are users who are happy to share what they know to successfully run an x10 system and are
willing to help others achieve the same.

Give it a shot.

r,
eagle
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 09:55:26 AM by eagle »

Walt013

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »

yancy
I purchased the 4 cam set. I have tried to move the Receivers to several different locations and distance.
All of the cameras have Ninja pan / tilt base
I only got to setting up 2 of the four cameras because of the problems. Both cameras are over 30 ft apart and so are the recievers.
they are not even close to a computer
I run camera 1 on the reciver and cam on A-1
Camera 2 on A-2
One camera is out doors the other indoor
I have no Fourescent lamps

What confusses me more is that even when the recivier is set with in reaching distance for the camera I get consistantly a picture that goes in and out. At times the picture will go out enough to set off my alarm on my DVR system ( showing it lost signal)

I bought these cameras originaly because I have a two story house and did not want to go through the wiring of wired cameras, in my younger days I would have had no problem with it.

any other suggestions?

thanks

eagle

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 04:11:29 PM »

As previously asked....

Please tell us the following:

- Transceiver(s) used (CM15A? TM751?)
- Distance of each camera from the transceiver(s) ... not between cameras but between camera and transceiver(s); distance between cameras doesn't mean anything.
- Controls for cameras:  either motion sensors or remote controls

Miscellaneous:

- Do you have a 2.4GHz wireless phone?
- Do you have TVs?
- Do you have phone chargers?
- Do you have computers?
- Do you have uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)?

r,
eagle

yancy

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »

Also, please tell is which model Video Receiver you have:  VR31A or VR36A

Walt013

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 04:28:27 PM »

lets not get rude on the remarks. I am already upset and have hight blood pressure over this whole thing and being out the money.

Answer to your questions ..... eagle
* transceivers used-I am not a tec so I do not know much about (CMI5A OR TM751) But I will tell you it is model no VR42A 2.4GHz wirless audio video reciever
* Do I have a wireless Phone? Yes I would only assume since there is interference when the phone rings it is 4.4GHz
* Do I have TVs? Yes 6 TVs
* Do I have Phoen chargers? Yes on all the Phones
* Do I have computers? Yes 4 computers through out the house (all well over 20 feet away from all recievers & cams)
* Do I have uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)? That is over my head do not know what you are talking about.
* Controls for cameras: Are remote
* Each reciever is over 20 ft apart.  
* Each reciever is set anywhere from 1ft to 6t away from the cameras (tried it all)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 04:32:25 PM by Walt013 »

eagle

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 06:07:51 PM »

Not a problem.

Notice that I'm the only one really taking the time to help you and also yancy.  Most of the time, experts here jump right in.  Hmmmm, I wonder why.

Again, just trying to help but you are not letting us help you by not answering questions we are asking you. 

By the way, you can't fault the equipment if they are not configured properly.

Sorry yancy, he's all yours if you want to continue.

Have fun Walt and good luck.

r,
eagle
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:21:58 PM by eagle »

yancy

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »

Walt,

Can you please give us the model numbers of every device you bought in the 4 camera kit?  You only gave us the Video receiver model number.  The cameras, receiver, transciever and remote should all have stickers with the model numbers.

By the way, what channel is the switch on the VR42A set to?  It should be either on the bottom, side or top (below the movable antenna).
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.