Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mislead  (Read 17511 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Mislead
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 06:45:42 PM »

Do you have any filters or phase couplers?
Your list of home equipment has many X10 power line signal suckers and noise makers.
Since the camera power supplies are controlled by the power line. If the signals don't get to then you will not be able to control the on and off of each camera.

As eagle mentioned. Make sure the camera and receiver are both on the same channel.A-D. This is not the same X10 address we are talking about on the power supply dials. Also all the model numbers of the parts you have would really help us help you.

Walt013

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 08:37:04 PM »

Yancy:
* remote control Pan N tilt model CR14A (set on A)
* the camera power supply model XM14A Remote controled. For Cam 1 it is set on A-1 on Cam 2 it is set to A-2
* Reciever, Model  VR42A - (set on A)
* RF transciever Model TM751
* Cameras Model ZC15A

* Yes Cam 1 is set on A-1 so is the reciver for it.
* Last time I talked to a tec at X cam they told me that if I set the second camera up to set the Cam at A-2 and the reciever on A. Also to use the transciever other wise the second camera would not work. And to set that on A

Hope this will help

Anther note: Brian H
* No I do not have any filters or phase couplers.
* we had tried to change cameras to A for cam 1  & D for Cam 2 seting power supply and recievers and the transciever for nmber 2 cam, to match and the same cameras but the same problem existed.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:52:53 PM by Walt013 »

yancy

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 11:07:37 PM »

Set the power supplies for the cameras to the following:

A-5
A-6
A-7
A-8

Your transceiver (TM751) is set correctly, however, it should not match one of your camera codes.

Change your CR14A remote to operate the buttons as A-5 to A-8.

Make sure all the cameras and the receiver (VR42A) are set to Channel A.  Also, you may want to try the other channels, which are B, C and D.  These channels are not the same as house codes, hopefully this is not the confusion.  The cameras have a small rubber cap that covers their channel setting switch on top of the base of the camera.  Check the camera manual to find out which way the switch needs to be set for Channel A, which may be different than what they are currently set to.

One other thing, do you have the VR42A receiver plugged into the TM751 transceiver?  I would not recommend this.

Also, do you ever hear the TM751 make a clicking sound when you turn any of the cameras on or off?

The other thing that could cause some cameras to work and others not to work is if they are plugged into a different phase of your house wiring.  Most homes over 2000 feet, and many 2 story homes, actually have 2 phases of wiring split from the 220V coming in from the utility lines.  Typically, without some type of a coupler, the X10 signals will not crossover to the other phase, which would not turn your cameras on that are on the opposite phase of your TM751.

Hope this helps.  Let us know what you come up with.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 11:05:08 AM »

Let's also clarify that House Code "A" and broadcast channel "A" are two different things.

There are three settings that affect wireless cameras.  The House Code and Unit Code, which control how the unit (camera and ninja [where applicable]) operates and the frequency on which the camera transmits the signal [A,B,C,D].

I've seen people have trouble setting the broadcast frequency from the cam to the same as the receiver, which will mess up the picture received. 

The 4 broadcast frequencies can be adjusted to find the optimal channel with the least amount of interference from cordless phones and wireless routers and the like.

edit to clarify my thoughts, senility is a wonderful beast
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 03:23:45 PM by Knightrider »
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 02:13:40 PM »

Walt013

My $0.02

I don't have cameras but offer this for troubleshooting. A "steco" (stucco?) house should not be any more of a problem to X10 camera transmissions than a concrete block, vinyl siding, wood, etc exterior home. However metal backed fiberglass insulation could effect the camera signal.

But your description implies the camera signal comes and goes. And that implies either improper setup with multiple cameras transmitting at the same time on the same frequency OR external interference. In other words don't give up. It doesn't sound like an equipment problem but more of a set-up problem.

BTW do your 2.4 gHz phones have any problem working a reasonable distance outside of the house (30-50ft or more)?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Walt013

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 09:37:54 PM »

Dave W
* as far as the home phones (cordless) never had to use them outside of the home since my cell phones are used more.
* As far as the steco situation: This information I recieved from a Rep / Tec at X Cam. He had stated that Steco homes have a Wire base before the steco is put on the homes and this could cause interference with wireless products. So it is questionable. But thanks for you $ 02 cents worth I appreaciate it.

Knightrider: Thanks for the info. I will be triying to put all this information to good use in hopes to get these cams working. Have a good one. Yancy seems to also have some good information.

Give me time to atempt this

I will let you all know how it works out.

Thanks,

U4ia2000

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 12:01:24 PM »

Yancy,
You wrote,
I had a problem with was the one 60 feet away, but I solved that putting a reciever and transmitter in between the signal. 
Could you tell us what reciever/ Transmitter you used and maybe a source
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.